Nexus 7" Tablet

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by Bad CO, Jun 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Just announced by Google is their 7" tablet

Tempted, moi? Oh yes, in fact I'm currently fighting an extremely strong urge to pre-order!
  2. So am I. That spec, for the price, is almost too good to withstand!
  3. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

I cracked about 20 minutes ago ....... watch out for the £9 delivery though
  4. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

I am equally sorely tempted, or should I say WAS until I realised there is no capacity for external expansion (i.e. MicroSD), so whilst the hardware looks attractive you can see what their business model is: Develop a low storage capacity solution [8 or 16Gb will not hold many apps and HD quality videos] and hence drive people to use cloud services that they will have to pay for.So, in my view the hardware is a loss leader to enable greater market penetration and exploit service delivery.Dear god, reading that back I realise I sound like the tech support I'm surrounded by - I need to get out while I can...
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Still an Ipad for me, Iphone, Imac and Mac bookpro never had a problem away from Windows.
  6. Same here.
  7. The google tablet isn't windows. Mong.
  8. Ok Android, you chopper, no virus for us Mac people.
  9. Don't call smudge a chopper he might go all Gibsons dog on you!!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. No, just encephalitis in your case, Catbreath.
  11. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

Colleague in the US Embassy has just sent an email after a very favourable hands-on session with the Nexus 7 at a trade show (in Chicago I think). His only quibble was the same as mine - lack of external storage. We both thought ROOT then use some existing solutions to mount a USB device but the drawback to that is a lot of new apps (particularly banking apps) will not run on rooted devices. But that aside, if you're after a small form tablet and don't want to move lots of media/files/apps it does sound like the Nexus could be a real winner.Anyway, my XOOM was updated to ICS last night; its now blisteringly quick, plays all my media and apps, so I think I'll stick with this for now. Can't see any reason to move.
  12. Both the same system with a different interface.
  13. That's a seriously impressive spec for the cost.

I love my iPad, but the alternatives are certainly catching up.