Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by CGS, Nov 16, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. CGS

CGS War Hero Moderator

Oh dear, this makes for sobering reading!

2. Joyous reading! A possible end to president B Liar?

Perhaps I should thank the FF after all.
  3. I've looked at the last 4 months from all angles....

....Now i believe that Mr. Blair, yes, I called him Mister, is the consumate politician. A veritable maestro of the Green leather.

Tony signed up for T.W.A.T. He signed up, for all the right reasons, and with our support. Unfortunately, he wasn't prepared for Dubya's right flanking, re. Iraq.

So, what does he do?

Well, he can't NOT support the spammies now, can he?

.....and so, Tony launches "Operation Hamstring"

How can he avoid committing the UK armed forces, to operations we can't afford,and the attendant crap publicity of people coming home to a bugler and weeping relatives, which certainly aren't in UK PLC's battle plan, of European domination, prosperity, and another 12 years in the saddle? Simple.

Rely on the unions. He knows, if he winds everyone up enough, he can play the winter of discontent game.

He can hold his hands up, and say "George, i'd love to play, but the countries in rag order thanks to these bastard communists, and you know what they're like, maybe next time?

In the interim, you know you can rely on us for Special Forces, outstanding aircrew and the odd wedding party shooting up"

Net result, Tony gets to keep UK Forces intact for what he really wants to do, and that is kill terrorists.Parsimonious Gordon gets to fund some more hospitals, or did we all miss that announcement today?

He gets to look like the tough warhawk he wants to appear, the British public are grateful they don't have to live in fear for their relatives, The Arab world see Britain moving very hard in diplomatic circles. let's be blunt, if it wasn't for the Mandarins working round the clock with the UN, we'd be spending Crimbo in NBC. So, they see Tony as a man to do business with. After Jack Straws tour of the Middle East, and Assad II's meeting, believe me, we're the wee boys...

So Tony gets the best of both worlds. Appear to be Americas bosom buddy and best friend, and make the right warlike noises, but avoid actually going to all out war, as well as getting himself a whole heap of Brownie points, with our future trade partners/oil suppliers

Sorry I haven't put this as clearly as I might, being helped along by zummerzets finest as we speak, but you get the idea

What do you think?