Next Trooping The Colour

These guys put the HD bands and drums to shame:

Given that the Army will be about a Coy (-) in strength perhaps the MoD could employ these guys to entertain Liz & Phil next time round.

Neither of the above are militaristic, they are dances and the first one at times looked rather embarassing. A bit like the American small arms drill of yore when rifles were twisted tossed and spun. Bit like rugby being set to music. :cool:

The vid in post #1 is of the "Top Secret Drum Corps" of Switzerland.

Very good, very entertaining but not, as previously said, in the style of a UK military band.

I believe they have performed at an Edinburgh Tattoo in the past too.

The vid in post #1 is of the "Top Secret Drum Corps" of Switzerland.

Very good, very entertaining but not, as previously said, in the style of a UK military band.

I believe they have performed at an Edinburgh Tattoo in the past too.
They have indeed a couple of times and they are not bad

As a bass drummer in a military band, my ol' dad used to say that no band in the world can perform marching music, with precision and accuracy like the Royal Marines Band! And yes he knew they are Navy not Army but he said the Marines Band just have it down to a tee!
Now these chaps in post #1 are good entertainment, but they are no marching military band! I know that coz my ol' dad says so!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
The regiment, I wish I was there:

I'll be having non of that fancy foreign poncy stuff!

It's synchronised walking while making a noise and it's fucking gay.

Also, unless the plan is to entertain the enemy to death, it's a complete waste of time and effort.

It's synchronised walking while making a noise and it's ******* gay.

Also, unless the plan is to entertain the enemy to death, it's a complete waste of time and effort.
Well, I think they look very impressive in their red coats and busbies.

The regiment, I wish I was there:

I'll be having non of that fancy foreign poncy stuff!
Public Duties - a six week (or thereabouts) stint of it about 200 years ago was more than enough for me - dull, boring utterly crap way of wasting time. Gay synchronised walking and putting polish on shoes with some bloke whose life was spent worrying about whether grown men can walk at the same length pace and can walk together in time. An utter waste of time.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Public Duties - a six week (or thereabouts) stint of it about 200 years ago was more than enough for me - dull, boring utterly crap way of wasting time. Gay synchronised walking and putting polish on shoes with some bloke whose life was spent worrying about whether grown men can walk at the same length pace and can walk together in time. An utter waste of time.
I did six years, thank Gawd for Berlin that broke it up a bit, but the first few years of doing public duties were great that's why you joined The Regiment wasn't it?
Doing The Challenging of the Keys at the Tower, Windsor, a great place.
Waste of time? Absolutely NOT!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
It's synchronised walking while making a noise and it's ******* gay.

It's getting g from A too B in a "smart soldier like manner", crikey, it's coming back after all these years, HELP!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Well, I think they look very impressive in their red coats and busbies.
Bearskins man, Bearskins!

Busies my arse! Those are the small things worn by a different mob altogether!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
msr The Intelligence Cell 14
Forces_Sweetheart Current Affairs, News and Analysis 0
C The Intelligence Cell 2