Next to the Tank - Outed

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Next_to_the_Tank, Jul 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It has been suggested that the great brains out their may not have twigged that Next to the Tank is also SO3 INT CORPS.

The idea is not to get heavy or officious - nor to stop the full and frank exchange of views. The Mods do a very decent job of clearing out any complete dross, so all my job is to steer people on the path of truth if they are talking complete rot, and to let people know what is going on if needs be.

Incidently, for the professionally interested Cognitio 76 is now out on distribution and should be hitting the Intranet etc shortly.

Finally - I cannot be bothered to work out the real people behind the online names - I'll leave that to people with more time on their hands!

Comments below or by PM welcome!

NTTT

2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Taking that into consideration - I suggest you stand in front of a mirror and have a word with yourself 8)

3. given that you have not corrected any of the comments about darksiders being basement-dwelling, window-dodging, D&D-playing social misfits...

... can we infer that this view is not "complete rot", and therefore endorsed by the directorate...? :twisted:

4. Where do I start? Does D Int get a weekly update on what's written here? Does Corps policy get changed or written on what the majority say in this forum? How did anyone not twig where you work? Although you could have been one of the many Staff Officers in the puzzle palace? :?

5. I would imagine that it will be formally endorsed in Cognitio 76; probably because a vast proportion of the Darkside do not have access to the Intranet and will therefore not be informed. Pretty much like the Corps Day at Chicksands.

No, I have not received my copy of Rose and Laurel, neither did I receive an invitation. Yes, I did pay my ICA subscription.

6. Too flippin right CR.. The fact that the Directorate made a conscious decision to stop recruiting linguists in line with the single (every trade but languages catered for) trade system is testament to that. :roll: As I recall, it hasn't exacly been a shot in the arm for all those ex DI24 analysts either.

Fraser, it's not just me then.

7. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

So ladies and gentlemen of the Intelligence Corps forum, shocking news: there's a spy in our midst!... but is NTTT our spy in the Directorate, or the Directorate's spy in Arrse? Nothing is what it seems in the wilderness of mirrors...

Slightly more seriously, this should not cramp our style but NTTT is in a position to act as a conduit for information on Corps activities like Corps Day and, sadly, funerals and memorial services and the like.

8. Did you know that this was coming?

9. Hmm, yes, but why should he be the SO3 Int Corps? Lots of folks in that there building fellas. We could have our very own P. O'Neill.

10. There's a thinly-veiled threat if ever I saw one :wink:

11. I've checked Cognitio 75 and I cannot find an SO3 INT CORPS. There are lots of SO1's and SO2's for Personnel and Training, Soldiers, Officers, Backgammon and such-like, but no SO3 INT CORPS. What does that entail?

Maybe it is a new post, but only explained to those with Intranet access.

12. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

NTTT very properly informed the Mods who she was and what she was doing when she joined Arrse, neither of us knew before that.

13. Last time I checked, the Corps SO3 was a female. Typical darksider :oops:

14. *blushes modestly*

15. Exactly how did you confirm this?