Next Telic or Afghan call up????

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by whitenoisebabies, Mar 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Due to currently doing sweet FA i was wondering when the next telic call up's will be, Already spoken to the relevant people (tp comd, PSAO) and they seem to be none the wiser and not particularly encouraging. I'm eager to know due to factoring in other considerations like do i need to get a real job!!

Any help appreciated, The particular jobs im interested in are top cover for medics and the like.

PS can only find the ftrs vacancies on the army site anyone got a link?

edit> spelling corrected because im a mong

2. msr

msr LE

There should be a lastminute.com for Telic 8 about now.

msr

3. Do you have any skills or uses?

Why top cover for medics?

4. cheers msr

btw just found the mobilised opportunities page but it's for febuary looking for later in the year really anyway, i'll just cram in courses in the mean time.

wnb

5. I'm class two radio op lance jack unfortunately i really dont like signals, as for uses well i am extremely young and good looking (so no 3para mortars is a no no)

6. Speaking of 3 PARA, they have some spare slots for their forthcoming adventure. Call 4 PARA and ask about a transfer.

7. Have you thought about 97 Signal squadron, the trawl for the next group to go out should be starting sometime soon, or this summer. Sure it's the Balkans but it's still fun and games. Ah you don't like signals, well it can't be all that bad - just get yourself on a nice remote rebro det.

Talking of 4 Para, I hear they're looking for map readers and people who can navigate.

8. I particularly liked this comment, I like your style WNB, I really do.....

9. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

load of KCV think about 1/2 unit in Warrington's just been told to buy their bucket and spade

10. I don't blame them, its mostly JNCO's being mobilised leaving the SNCO's to do their job. Having spent time work their way to Sgt etc its no wonder why they get pee'd off and then leave.

11. You are shitting me polar SNCO's having to work whatever next!!!!! As for not supporting people wishing to deploy ffs in case they hadn't noticed is to supply reinforcements to the regular army. Think of all those poor SNCO's who have got no operational experience do they feel threatened that most of those under them have the experience they lack.

12. You are shitting me polar SNCO's having to work whatever next!!!!! As for not supporting people wishing to deploy ffs in case they hadn't noticed is to supply reinforcements to the regular army. Think of all those poor SNCO's who have got no operational experience do they feel threatened that most of those under them have the experience they lack.

No many seniors have deployed and proved themselves capabable of doing their job, I feel one feel that the whole process is becoming a production line on a vast scale , leaving out a wealth of enthusiasm and experience.

13. I understand where your coming from but many units are struggling with so many people going away, at one stage I was holding down every bloomin job from Det Comd to SSM.

Lack of operational experience? Please leave that old chestnut where it belongs, none (well 1 but that was off her own back) have ever shown me they've gained any knowledge that the seniors couldn't have given them (and more). After a few years of Telic I've seen my unit go from very competent to nearly useless, by your logic and the fact that my Sigs unit has had high numbers of people going away on tours, we should now be special forces but no, we are now one of the weakest sqns (although because of some Sigs/JNCO's/SNCO's/officers without operational experience we've one every competition for the last 2 years).

Yes I am angry about this subject and by your book a dinosaur (not aimed at you BTW). I just have some pride.

14. Sorry polar and the kurgen i was speakin from what ive seen and not a cross section of the TA, all those who ive seen have definately gained extremely useful experience that those who have stayed at home do not posess.

As for a dinosaur maybe, maybe not i've only experienced the TA of new tbh.

15. No problems, not all the TA is the same and I'll admit most of my skill doesn't come from RSigs (its civvy employer and TA Inf). I'm not a big fan in the way TA RSigs are trained, I went thro the full RS(NC) Op cycle recently, the level of skill on VP for example didn't come close to a very basic TA infantry sigs course.