Next posting

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by SGTsaladfingers, Mar 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So, im coming to the end of my first posting doing an Opint role. Due to welfare reasons i am needing to choose my seocnd posting based on location rather than job role. The only job available within my location is in Ops support, working within mil training. As a LCpl, going into a second tour, is this a bad posting? I have the feeling that it is going to set my career up badly, moving away from int work so early on?

Thoughts please :)

2. just one. what did your chain of command say when you asked them the same question?

3. They said not to worry about where I get posted. My only concern is I don't want to move away from int line of work so early on if its going to set me up poorly for future postings within the Corps.

4. You are answering your own questions here. You have to choose between whatever your welfare issue is and your professional development. You are the only person who can make that call. As CR says, you should seek the CoC's advice but it is your choice and not Arrse's. All that can really be said here is Good Luck

5. welfare vs career... guess you've got some hard thinking to do then :)

6. as a lcpl you can probably get away with a wank tour in the short term. If you were a ssgt/WO2 pushing for promotion then you most certainly couldn't.

7. Cheers for that, thats what i was thinking but just wanted opinions from the more experienced ones out there. Just hope i wont be seen as having too much skill fade to be put into a high tempo role after.

8. ehwhat

ehwhat Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Operative statement from OIAS is short term tour. If the welfare issue is not short term, then as everyone else has said you are set with a hard choice.

9. Being very junior, im about to ask what is possible a hugely bone question. Operative statement from OIAS? Let the ribbing commence haha.

10. more bone and crow than you can possibly imagine! Oh, you need a change of name, SGT? I might change mine to COLsaladfingers!

11. Why do people think that working in an Ops support role / working within mil training is a **** post? Its one job, make of it what you will.

• Like Like x 1
  12. you're so right, it's not 4 MI. That would be really wank...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ops Support/Mil Training will be better than measuring fences and sorting out fuckwit RAOWO's who **** up a Mk IV at 5.00pm on Friday afternoon.

14. but nowhere near as interesting as investigating stuff like theft of weapons, terrorist targeting, suspected espionage etc.

all that's missing nowadays is those lengthy SB liaison sessions :)

15. Fuck off! No CI Sect works past 12 on a Friday!

• Like Like x 1