Next possible labour PM?

I know the news of GB resigning is still sizzling however who are the 'realisitc' propective candidates?

beemer007 said:
I know the news of GB resigning is still sizzling however who are the 'realisitc' propective candidates?
Next Labour leader? The usual suspects. Milliband(s), Harriet and the Dark Lord himself.

IIRC Gordon has to stay PM until he can pass the torch to Dave. Hopefully the next Labour PM is still at Primary School.

Edited to add:-

If the Lib Dems join with Labour and we end up with Gordon as PM, no matter how short his reign is, there will be civil unrest. Having an unelected PM is one thing. Having a PM who lost the election and then passes the crown to another unelected PM is quite another.

Ancient_Mariner said:
beemer007 said:
Next Labour leader? The usual suspects. Milliband(s), Harriet and the Dark Lord himself.

IIRC Gordon has to stay PM until he can pass the torch to Dave. Hopefully the next Labour PM is still at Primary School.
Nah, I think of those three, I doubt the Dark Lord would ever want to be directly in the firing line - he'd far rather be *almost* directly in control of the country.

Plus there's also Ed Balls ready in the wings gagging to take over where Brown left off.

Ancient_Mariner said:
beemer007 said:

Edited to add:-

If the Lib Dems join with Labour and we end up with Gordon as PM, no matter how short his reign is, there will be civil unrest. Having an unelected PM is one thing. Having a PM who lost the election and then passes the crown to another unelected PM is quite another.
For Gods Sake!, WE dont elect the PM, the Parliamentary Labia Partei or whoever else is ion power does, so please stop this drivel.

Impossible to say. The next Labour PM hasn't been born yet.

A man can hope, can't he?

RoofRat said:
Alan Johnson.
Fcuk off! :lol: :lol: :lol:

He wasn't even a good postman.
The skiving git joined the union, so that he wouldn't have to get wet when it rained!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Manley said:
Ancient_Mariner said:
Having an unelected PM is one thing. Having a PM who lost the election and then passes the crown to another unelected PM is quite another.
For Gods Sake!, WE dont elect the PM, the Parliamentary Labia Partei or whoever else is ion power does, so please stop this drivel.
AM is clearly a fan of electoral reform: he wants us to shift to the yankee system and elect a pres....

Wouldn't that be fun?
:twisted:

No WAY will that loon Balls get it. He has made too many enemies internally.

Dark Lord? No - he is happy manipulating..

Harpy? Fcuk no. She is not up to it as her performances in PMQ standing in for Brown has shown.

Although I hate to say it but my best guess - Milliband, I think. The pretty one :D

No_Duff said:
cunny_funt said:
RoofRat said:
Alan Johnson.
Fcuk off! :lol: :lol: :lol:

He wasn't even a good postman.
The skiving git joined the union, so that he wouldn't have to get wet when it rained!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well said, that man.
Since it's Labour who will choose their own leader I would say he stands a fair chance. He is seen by many as a straight talker and an honest man of principle.
Milliband does appear to be the press' choice and he does bring youth with him.
Benn could be a stalking horse.
That's it then, Harriet it is. :D

johnboyzzz said:
Yeah....Load of Bollox!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't stand Labour, the Conservatives or the Lib Dems, but I do get pleasure from watching them behave like Rats on a sinking ship :lol:

This is Politics at it's best. Pigs fighting for the top trough :x

Probably Millipeed. But don't right off the Harperson. Her old man has just been elected an MP, and he carries a large union vote behind him.
I'm sure the unions get a large share of vote for leader, but await correction.

Whoever gets in, we'll have the dark lord as Foreign Sec, and still be ruled by him and campbell.

The limpdems will not only want PR but also will demand we give Eu the last of our powers and last of our dosh to bail out the Euro.

The amount of blood we have shed in Europe from Agincourt to today - to come to this - just makes you want to weep!

While the consitutional historian in me (once taught that sort of thing) can't dispute that we don't actually elect the PM (I have invariably challenged the view put forward that Brown had no electoral legitimacy since not even his party had elected him [they did], and that even if the party had, the electorate should have had a say in 2007), another part of me says that the TV debates have perhaps changed the absolute nature of this.

I can imagine that it won't just be the avid Over the Joseph's Brother Dancing Factor On Ice element of the electorate who might take the view that they were presented with three choices as PM - DC, GB and NC, and that they cast their votes accordingly - only now, they seem to be getting Alan Johnson, which wasn't, dear politicians, part of the deal for having their TV schedules disrupted...

Many members of the electorate have never quite understood that we elect a party to govern us (either as the best of a bad lot, or as part of a viable coalition) and it is a matter for the party and its electoral rules as to who emerges as the party leader and thus the PM. Having been told so keenly by the media that they were watching 'The Prime Ministerial Debates' on those three Thursdays, it is going to be just that little bit harder to convince them that the politicians aren't taking the pish just a little more when someone who didn't appear on the TV (and not because they're part of a minor party which doesn't contest all the seats in the mainland UK) suddenly ends up as the PM.

The more I think of it, though, the more I suspect that large numbers of Labour MPs will be thinking 'Oh, what the fcuk's he gone and done now?' as the reality of Gordon's gesture - creating conditions for the Chicken Phal Alliance (sorry, that's the shade you get from mixing the colours, not a 'rainbow'...) to have the same effect upon Labour and Lib Dem support in England - just in time for the election between now and next April - as that dish does upon the alimentary tract of the unwary diner...

auntsis said:
Probably Millipeed. But don't right off the Harperson. Her old man has just been elected an MP, and he carries a large union vote behind him.
I'm sure the unions get a large share of vote for leader, but await correction.

Whoever gets in, we'll have the dark lord as Foreign Sec, and still be ruled by him and campbell.
The limpdems will not only want PR but also will demand we give Eu the last of our powers and last of our dosh to bail out the Euro.

The amount of blood we have shed in Europe from Agincourt to today - to come to this - just makes you want to weep!
My Bold ..... Campbell is definitely in the ascendance .... the Dark Lord I am not sure of his continued influence now that Campbell has reappeared on the scene .

Agree Archimedes - we don't chose a PM we chose a local MP. And Ballot papers show the candidates name in large print, and small print underneath shows the party to which they belong.

Which is why the Libdems were totally out of order on one of the West Country Constituences ballot paper last week.

Apparently it had the name of the candiate and stated 'for Clegg's Party'

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
msr The Intelligence Cell 14
Forces_Sweetheart Current Affairs, News and Analysis 0
C The Intelligence Cell 2