Next Monarch to be King George VII

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by VerminWA, Dec 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apparently being called King Charles is not very PC! 8O :roll: All the previous versions of have been either beheaded or terrible cads!! :lol:

BBC News

2. msr

msr LE

whatever

3. As the article says, monarchs have often chosen to rule under one of their middle names. This means Charles could choose to be crowned King Arthur. That's where my vote goes.

Oh, damn, it's not democratic, is it?

4. I wouldnt want to be named after a spaniel either.

5. Should be used to spaniels ears now he's married her............

6. Sh1t I wuz oping it would be William the whatever.
    john
    I so actually know an elderly gent who was on chatting terms with Chols and he has always maintained that C would not ascend the throne for personal reasons! Marridge does strange things.

7. This story was run about a year or so ago, I remember. Pretty bloody sure it's testing ground to see if the public would accept him as monarch

8. viva la republique !!!!

9. If Charles does become king would Queen's Counsels become King's Counsels?

10. Rrrrriiiiiiight! So that two mad George's then, III and VII.

11. Why not just King Jug Ears I? Or King I'm a Stupid Pr*ck Who Left a Beautiful Charismatic Wife For a friggin' Hag I?

12. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Better than going down the current 'pc' route and being called Queen Charles.

13. :lol: :lol: :lol:

14. That will be the beautiful charismatic wife who was shagging around herself. The one who played the media like a flute, but dripped on incesantly about her right to privacy. The one who swanned around the world like a phucking pop star. The one who with one wink of her doe phucking eyes could have seemingly rational people falling at her feet....

That one...??

Right

15. regarding the previous Charles, it would true to form for him to be Charles III, shagging around and interfering in politics.

i have no problems with him being Charles III, in spite of the fact i used to be in the Sealed Knot society and supported the parliament side :lol: