Next leader of the new old new Labour Party

So far in the burgeoning career of Jeremy Corbyn the general consensus seems to be that he's kind of, sort of, like doing OK, but is really no shining star and isn't likely to last until the next election, maybe not even next year.

So who is the likely replacement? Will we see the likes of Yvette Balls or Andy Burnham give it a shot again?

I hope the Red Tories all have a magnificent brainfart and fück off. It would, at least, be more honest than trying to pretend that they have anything like the Labour Movements interests or indeed values at heart.

I think JC is a great asset.

To the Conservative party.

Aye, but who next?

One of the men who didn't want it........Alan Johnson, always seems to have a few brain cells, a sense of humour and, doesn't shout.

ACAB

LE
What do the bookies say?

I would personally go for Dan Jarvis.

Gotta be Scottish to try and regain some SNP territory, preferably with some Government experience, preferably ticking some Diversity boxes,
Is that chap Gordon Brown still available?

Gotta be Scottish to try and regain some SNP territory, preferably with some Government experience, preferably ticking some Diversity boxes,
Is that chap Gordon Brown still available?
Sure enough, he has the right vision for the Party ...

Seriously, I think that the one who could revive the party and cause CMD & Co a lot of trouble, would be
David Miliband. But I would imagine that he has too much sense to get involved again.

Seriously, I think that the one who could revive the party and cause CMD & Co a lot of trouble, would be
David Miliband. But I would imagine that he has too much sense to get involved again.
Surely he'd have to be elected as an MP first.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Don't bet on JC not being in post for some time. As I said in another thread:
  1. Labour rules make it difficult to remove an incumbent leader.
  2. JC has put his loyalists into key positions.
  3. He will have a 6 month honeymoon - and probably a bounce in the polls because of it.
  4. As the honeymoon period fades, Labour will probably do better than expected at Holyrood next May, giving JC a further mini-honeymoon.
  5. JC will eventually be house trained by his handlers and less likely to make gaffes.
  6. MPs and members of the right wing of the party may start defecting to the Limp Dems, moving the party further leftward.
  7. The new membership is mainly left wing and would vote in another left winger if JC was removed.
This will be a long running soap opera.

Wordsmith

Jess Phillips. Anyone prepared to tell Diane Abbott where to go (see Ms Phillips' dedicated thread) appears to have far more character than any of the three losing candidates in the leadership election. She'd not take any nonsense from the corpulent, sandwich-stealing, s**t-stirring deputy leader either. Finally, Arrse would be filled with the usual high quality debate as to her merits ('I wouldn't'/'You're a homo'/ 'No, he's a man of great judgement', etc, etc).

Alan Johnson, despite his penchant for delaying my letters in his previous career, appears to be a generally honourable and decent man. Which, of course, means he has no chance...

Dan Jarvis or Miliband D, will end up riding to the rescue. Well, Jarvis will tab there because only donkey-walloping hats in red trousers ride to the rescue, but...

Ah, the 'Prince over the water'...

Latest Threads