Next DGAMS to be a Dentist

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by GP3_Bunny, Oct 2, 2004.

?
  1. No

9.1%
  2. Yes

45.5%
  3. Not in a million years

45.5%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The next DGAMS to be a dentist - please answer with conviction :roll:

My reasoning behind this – is because of the sound knowledge that the Defence Dental Agency has been an unquantifiable success. Even though it is a non trading Agency it has achieved its KPI’s and exceeded them with a conviction.

So who do we need to run the AMS – then it must naturally be a Dentist, they have the skills to run the AMS in abundance, notwithstanding their ability to ensure the British Dental Association ensures that their pay award is robustly put forward at each years pay round negotiations (a Union in hiding no less), then my vote for spin and being in the best TB shadow goes to the Dentists in the RADC

2. I honestly think it would be a good thing, might give the Drs a serious kick up the arrse :twisted:

He might give us the truth and try to do something :roll:

• Like Like x 1
  3. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

If it ends up as a certain medalled, greasy haired chinless dentist much loathed by the techies in the 80s then you will feel the blade slip into your spine.

"Where are you going?
    To the QMs fora new dagger for my capbadge, I left the last one in someone's back."

4. Well I can't see how things can get any worse than they already are :? Oh damn I forgot.......they could make a QA the DGAMS 8O

5. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Oh I can just see that little beauty waiting in the wings! Bring it on! :evil: :evil:

6. I really would love to see that one- NOT :evil:

7. You have been taking the happy pills again, stop now the CDT team is on to you! :lol:

8. From experiance - at least the dentists I have known - tell you up front if you are a total loss - or nottttttt
    Even to the Dental Techs :twisted:

9. maninblack

The further up the ladder they shuffled, the sharper the knife got. You should have seen the panic in the mid 80s when someone suggested making all hygienists Sergeants, "Roland Rat" said it might happen after all the technicians were commissioned.

Tournai mess was spinning faster than the blades on the pan at Odiham.

Mind you I bet you lot don't remember Roland Rat, the last General the RADC had.

10. maninblack

GP3 Bunny.....that was a very scary piece of news, nice to see that the Corps promotion has become a meritocracy

:twisted:

Is Roland Rat still spending his days fishing or is he upstairs these days?

11. After you two telling us the "truth" about a possibility of the new DGAMS, I am off to the pub to drown my sorrows :cry:

12. maninblack

You had better pray to whatever god of pre med snorting you believe in 'cos if it comes trues then the turdular productions of rattus norvegicus will be a fitting description of the dental world, twenty years ago he would screw your career over a crap coffee as half colonel..........So glad to be wearing a grunt badge these days. :D :D

The dog doesn't have a dagger in its mouth for nothing!

13. We used to have one in the BMS world as well :evil:

Known as the Terminator, who would terminate your career if you pissed him off and believed BMSs should not get promoted above Sgt :roll:

14. Poppy c**k - today we are all exposed to the buss words of:

Peer Review
    IiP
    Managing Change
    Balanced Score Cards
    CPD
    ELC's

The list goes on :twisted:

So nobody should have the opportunity to stab you in the back - even MCM Div Promotion/Commission Boards are completely fair. :roll:

DGAMS would not hear of a Promotion/Commission Board that is FIXED, especially if it is an RADC Board :evil: