Newsnight - Israelis training Kurds in Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr_Fingerz, Sep 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Apparently it's a windmill:midden interface.

Israel has said that the alleged training of Kurds by Israelis is illegal and they've launched an investigation........
  2. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

link? I'll go to the site.....
  3. Well given that the Israelis have been supporting the Kurds since the mid '70s - why the sudden realisation, that such training could be illegal? It will be fun to see how Barzani explains this one away!

Seymour Hersh did a piece about the Israelis in the Kurds back in June

New Yorker article on Israeli training
  4. Mr_Fingerz

Doesn't appear to be one on the BBC News website, but I suppose that might get the info. The report was by Mark Urban.

editted for crap typing
  5. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

6. Turkey has gone ballistic.
  7. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I didn't know that such cumbersome birds could fly, never mind pick up that kind of velocity....
  8. Which is why it's so noticeable. They have also used strong lanuage, and I don't mean 'gobble' :D

I am slightly puzzled though , how long have Israeli A-Teams been in northern Iraq?
  9. Mr_Fingerz

No idea PTP, but Newsnight were highlighting the possible involvement of a Kurdish airport being used by the IAF, on the return leg of an airstrike against the new Iranian nuclear facilities (they could have course just made that up for s*its and giggles, whilst de-stablising (check spalling) the entire near and middle east), on the other hand they could have been reading too much Tom Clancy.
  10. Apparently they do and do so at quite a speed.

Sceptics go shooting them for sport!!!
  11. This is old news.

Little known fact :(sorry no independent collaboration).

Its been said that there was Israeli Military advisors on the ground in Fallujah prior and during the battle for the city.Their job was to provide technical advice on urban terrain combat.
  12. I thought they were on the ground in the burnt out oil ministry myself....

Ahhh my tinfoil coat :D
  13. Hardly surprising..these rumours have been around for ages.

Good work by the Beeb in getting the actual footage.

I find it hard to believe that these boyos were out there without a tacit nod from the Israeli govt.
  14. maybe they are but the Isreali Gov is p155ed cause word has got out