Newsnight: "Allies on Trial"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Barrack Room Lawyer, Dec 15, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. C*nts.......... getting the knives out again, fine use of TV tax ...oops licence fee :twisted: :twisted:

Whats B-liar and his bucket of tame slime covered 'jurnos' trying take the focus off and hide this time??? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  2. Everyone vote no on the BBC poll on the link provided, lets see if Arrse power can swing it round to No?
  3. Voted No
  4. Gggrnnnfffggghh! Current poll is:
    Do you believe the allies have breached the convention on the methods and means of warfare (= you are all a bunch of devil worshipping, child-murdering meat eaters)?
    Yes = 68.38%
    No = 31.62%
  5. Voted No
  6. Done my bit but there is a bit of catching up to do.
  7. Had to laugh at this bit.

Interrogation of Tim Collins by some lefty solicitor:

And I paraphrase...

Lawyer: "So, Mr Collins, I would like to draw your attention to the Abu Ghraib Prison scandal and some of the images we have seen... and I would particularly highlight the case of one of my clients, Mr Abu Mohammed, who had a broomstick inserted into his anus by American forces..."

Tim Collins totally deadpan and unflinching: "Unfortunately, I know know nothing of your client and his bottom."

8. Here's an extract from an email I recieved from a market research company

Now I don't know about you, but I think this could be taken as the BBC seeking to 'load' the audience, and being willing to pay participants in order to do so.

Not that I'm suggesting that :wink:

9. I hope the proportion in the audience was in proportion to the make up of the UK population
  10. The vote could be fiddled. It relies on a Cookie to prevent revoting. Remove cookie via the tools menu in your internet browser each time and you can vote early, vote often to your heart's content. Not that I'm suggesting that each arrse member should vote five times, or that any of the anti-war groups might do something similar.

Unless the BBC can demonstrate that they have the means to spot and stop multiple voting (which they may) then the poll can have no credibility at all. The 2200 odd people surveyed could be four Arrse users and an anti-war campaigner with a lot of spare time on his hands.

I think I can fit another 15 no votes in before I have to go back to work.
  11. Voted no and gave them a broadside (bet they don't publish it though)
  12. just voted no and sent the scum an ear full, and i bet they wont show that one either
  13. Gentlemen, I suggest next time we are on ops and see any journo's in the sh*t that we ignore their plight or better still, film it on a mobile phone and psot their end on this site!
  14. Voted NO.