Newsletter@ truth behind the username.

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Sixty, Dec 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Evening all,

If you read last month's Newsletter, you'll have seen a segment where Good CO gave a brief synopsis of his mil experience. Ideally, we' be looking at making this a recurring piece relating to some of you lot in the Newsletter.

100 -150 words, no names, no Regt information if you don't want to and just an overview of dates served, locations.

PM me, Gremlin, Jarrod, Fugly, VericalGyro or Good_CO a draft if interested.

Anything sent to us will be treated in the strictest confidence.

2. Sixty

Quick bump. Hopefully you'll all have seen Auld_Yin's life story in the December Newsletter to get a flavour of what we're after.

We have a draft from another user provisionally for January but we'd welcome more.

3. Has the newsletter been binned now?

4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

You didn't read the one that came out on 28/4 then?

Yes it's running a bit late, but we are currently working (albeit not very hard) on the May edition.

Now quit wining you spanner! :p

5. Not whining mate, under the "More Arrse" tab there is only a link to the archive, which shows newsletters up to Nov. I can never find the link to the current one.

6. Gremlin

Noted, I'll highlight that! And thanks for ignoring my typo! ;)

Don't you get the emailed version though?

7. Email? If someone wants to tell me something they can come and see me or pick up the phone!

8. I haven't been getting the e-mailed version either :(

9. Have you checked spam folders?

10. I get nothing, but Mr boots does!

11. yes

12. Gremlin

13. did that - I received one newsletter few months ago but nothing since. I told the COs when I changed e-mail address and GCO acknowledged.

14. Sixty

It's happened before, Popster. I received a PM from someone who had changed email address but the newsletter was instead going to the one he had originally signed up with.

I'll flag it up to Good CO.

15. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

You've uncovered a bug in the syncronization between the site and the mailing software. You'd been automatically 'blacklisted' Poppy as there had been so many bounces from your out-of-date email address. The system updated the email address when you changed it but didn't remove you from the blacklist - hence no newsletter. Now sorted - sorry about that!