Newsletter - How often

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Jun 20, 2009.

?
  1. Every one - two weeks

6.1%
  2. Every month

78.8%
  3. Every quarter

9.1%
  4. Only when something truly monumental happens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Never

6.1%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I know we all get loads of spam so don't want to overdo the newsletters. I know the first was popular, but I'm not so sure about 2nd, 3rd etc.

The most frequent I can do is once every two weeks as they take so long to put together. Is that too often? Will you be sick of it by the end of next month?

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, here is the first and some info.

2. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

I'd say once a month will have to do, because I can imagine putting it together is quite a job for you.

Thanks for doing it at all. :thanks:

3. I'd go for either monthly or quarterly, otherwise I can't see it being read. Whichever you go for, it's going to become a pain for you to put together, as it will be time consuming.

Edited to add: ferk it! go for monthly :wink: Oh and thanks! :D

4. Monthly or even quarterly as they do take time and effort to put together...

5. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

I voted monthly. If you put too much work into it Boss, you will soon fall out of love with the new toy and it will trail off, which would be a great shame!

You could always send out a weekly educational supplement instead. ;)

6. Monthly would be best boss, that way not so much pressure to get the newsletter out each week.

VH

7. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

Thanks, Gremlin. That one made my day. :lol:

8. I voted for monthly too. I've been involved in quite a few newsletters in various companies and organisations, and a month gives you enough ammo to pick and choose the articles, so that it's both interesting and informative. Any period less than that will, in time, have you resorting to crap like: "Benny tripped over the computer cable again on Monday", or: "We're all looking forward to the bog-door finally getting fixed".

The last (first) newsletter was very well put together. Nice job indeed, Good CO.

MsG

9. Monthly would be good, maybe a bumper issue bi-annually.

... and maybe regular amendments to keep the clerks happy ;)

10. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thanks for all the feedback. It's a big help.

11. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin