NEWSFLASH!!!!!

Discussion in 'Staff College and Staff Officers' started by imported_admin, Jan 15, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My IO has briefed me on other means that JCSC has instructed their 'boffins' to block access to ARRSE from within the college.

Gentlemen (and ladies) I implore you to set up humour collection points throughout the country. Watchfield is clearly in need of large quantities.... Capt Aubergine as a G4 man experienced in these matters we may be relying on you to take the lead.

2. :(
    Strike one for the Nazi Bosche regime!

Fight I say! Fight! They may never take our freedom!!! and other cliches.....

Look for new scripts if you have access to such things.

3. At last the call to arms!!! But alas my bluff has finally been called.....
    Whilst I may be able to talk-the-talk it will now become clear that even I don't have a clue what I am going on about.
    But this is a general alert!!  We must have our own boffins in our midst???  Come forth, oh purveyors of computer geekness, this is your hour - instruct us on what we must do to combat such underhanded and slimey tactics by the thought police.
    Our fate is in your hands.....

4. Fear not, access still available.  Am lookin at the implementation of a wide range of gender-unfair, unpolitically correct and commonsensical policy to counter this problem.  In the meantime, have ordered the arrest & detention of all humorless bastards on campus (with space now booked for their 'personality realignment' in a US facility in Cuba). Stay vigilant, chaps.

5. Never mind all that, send in 2 PARA!!

6. :mad:
    Surely their excuse, which is obviously security, means that they must either ban access to all interactive sites (most of the web), or admit they just have a problem with this one.
    Assuming it's the latter, we ought to get the exact reply from someone and use it on the banner at the top of the page.

7. I think the biggest problem is that the miserable killjoy boffins haven't realised that this is a tongue in cheek site and not too serious. They also secretly believe that all their students are getting all the DS solutions here and think that someone has hacked into their own system.

8. If only....

9. MAX

MAX

All is not lost!  When I was at JSCSC the "I love you" virus was in circulation.  In spite of the fact that civvy street had recognised this and dealt with it TWO MONTHS previously it was still regularly appearing in the college computers.  Therefore I think this recent ban will be circumvented with the expertise of ARRSE subscribers taking on the JSCSC boffins!
    Like a battle of wits against an unarmed man.

10. Apparently there is only 1 member of the DS who was against this site. The remainder recognise it for it's true worth. That one "contra" has dropped out of sight (I think we all know who I am talking about) - anyone know his new whereabouts.

11. CGS

CGS War Hero Moderator

As I obviously have a rather firm handle on the way the Army is run, i can tell you that the System Management team at the College-in-the-South have been told that the site is to be placed on the Proscribed List.

DII (CHOtS) do not have a problem with the content or the scripting!

Students of the world unite...  and to the DS I say this... Remember Tiananmen Square? Wheres yer Tanks?

12. From an MS perspective I wouldn't advocate any attempt to circumvent the JSCSC computer systems to free JCSC from the sort of thought control that Robert Mugabe is currently waging in Zimbabwe.  You may pay dearly for indisgressions with a self generated posting order to CIS IPT at DPA.  Walls have ears, and our time will come, rest for JSCSC and JCSC will destroy themselves under ROCC, which was clearly developed with our best interests in mind.  

13. CGS

CGS War Hero Moderator

Manipulating CIS systems is not the only way to work your ticket.

I was recently chatting with a chap who was found in the wrong place at the wrong time with the Padres Daughter!  And yes, you CAN imagine how and where!

14. The Army Air Corps had a large number of contributers to a similar site to this called the Professional Pilots Rumour Network.  The site initially caused some concern but there was never any official comment on any aspect of the site even when certain headquarters were goaded by the great unwashed.  The result?  Interest eventually petered out and the site is barely used any more.  How's that for a clever strategy?

Sounds like the DS at JCSC could do with a bit of assistance with developing clever IS strategies.

Have they, for instance, ensured that all of their own names and appointments have been 'grabbed' on this site to ensure that unscrupulous individuals do not do so with the intention of spreading malicious rumours etc?

15. CGS

CGS War Hero Moderator

Without revealing yourselves (of course!) does anyone have any idea the rank of the most senior person using this site?

I suspect that it stops at Maj.