NEWSFLASH!! George W Bush announcement!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Strike, Sep 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Watching the breakfast news this morning I couldnt help but notice the coincidence of the following.

Last night (wed) John Bolton, US ambassador to the UN (and Bush's pal) was backed into a corner by a reporter and admitted that before George W Bush leaves office he will likely sanction a military strike against Iran and Im not sure that I heard it right but i think he said that they should have took on Iran "first" before Iraq.

This morning (Thurs) during the news on the current problems in Iraq, Afg and how Iran have been "heavily involved" a scrolling newsflash appeared along the bottom of the screen "NEWSFLASH! G W Bush to make an announcement at 2am GMT (0200 friday) but there was no clue as to what it was about (other than the current report on screen)

so, will he be announcing the withdrawal of 30,000 US troops from Iraq? as hinted earlier this week, but lets face it, there's a big surge going on over there right now so pull out the surge troops and numbers will be back to normal. that might score him some points.

or

Will he be announcing his intentions to square Iran away? Have the US wanted this all along?
    Personally I think its just a matter of time before Iran is attacked, The Bush administration :twisted: cant wait.

what do you think?

2. which news station was this on ?

3. Sky news this morning, Im not sure about John Boltons interview, possibly Sky news too, maybe BBC. Sorry

4. Enough Said

Attached Files:

5. If he wants to end his Presidency with an emergency move by Congress to depose him, he's going the right way about it.

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Bush will attack anyone if it helps keep the wholesale price of oil high. One has to remember where the Bush family made (and still make) their money. It's from oil.

Let's say for arguments sake that Iraq can be dragged out for a bit longer, but then congress forces the septics out, so he has to do Iran next to keep the prices up, and when that's finished, well, then the Democrats might be in charge without oil interests, but then again, they might not be, soooooo, who else has got oil that needs attacking?

Basically, as long as Bush or US oil interests can keep the troops busy and justify the budgets, and as long as they are busy wrecking OPEC countries, or at the very least, p!ss them off, then oil prices stay high.

Why do the other OPEC members see Iraq and Iran both as threats, because the US will be kept busy and prices will stay high.

7. Former ambassador. He's an arch-neocon who bit the dust in December 2006. The current ambassador is Zalmay Khalilzad. As you were. :D

8. Sudan? Maybe a Democrat-led humanitarian intervention?

9. Maybe just the already well publicised troop withdrawl post surge and just in time for the election?Sky Link

The bit is about 6 paragraphs into the article

10. But just to keep the scare mongering on thread - perhaps they are withdrawing so that they can send the troops somewhere else - like Sudan / Iran / Syria / North Korea / Wales (insert nasty country)

11. 1. It was a surge of troops – short term. They were going to leave anyway.

So in ‘pulling out troops” Mr. Pres looks like he is doing something to reduce the troops.

Smoke and mirrors for the population before the election.

2. If the troop level had been kept this high for the following years (12 to 18 months) the Army would have to change their “manning” plot to reflect this and tours would need to move up to 18 months – again Bush looks good (Marines too but they have a different rationale behind deployments – but they are also getting longer and longer)

Smoke and Mirrors.

3. So America will pull out of Iraq then?

After building the biggest most expensive embassy in the world? Right.

Smoke and Mirrors.

Just as a side topic. How is recruiting going for the US Army this year? 2006/2007 that’s October to October.

Well until last month it was well behind the curve. BUT as of last month, well!

If you join up and start training by 1 Oct you get a $20,000 bonus!

HOWDY DOODY the Army is going to meet its recruiting target this year then.

Fick meine alten steifil

12. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

WILLARD (Apocalyse Now, while having a shit day and some bad nightmares):

"I was going to the worst place in the world, and I didn't even know it yet. Hours away and hundreds of miles up a motorway that snaked through England like a main circuit cable and plugged straight into Sennybridge. It was no accident that I got to be on exercise in Wales, any more than being given a command appointment was an accident. There is no way to tell this story without telling my own. And if this story is really a confession.............."

Yup, it's that wet, cold, hilly lump on the west of the UK. The one where your heart sinks through the floor as you leave civilisation and head up in to the hills: freezing cold, rain, snow, pine forests, shell scrapes, mud, sheep, no sleep.

The land of music, Tom Jones, Charlotte Church, and Shirley Bassey, the land of the "Oggie" - it's a glorified pastie, the land of castles at Biwmaris, Conwy, Caernarfon, Caerphilly, Raglan, and Pembroke, the land of.....

OK you were right, hills, rain, hills, sheep, and did I mention the FOGB hills?

Great quote from 50's film The Vikings

Egbert (James Donald) "There is a great prize in Wales"

Ragnar (Ernest Borgnine) "That slag heap of a country, it's not worth one days raid!"

Can't see the spams wanting Wales, there's no oil (even if the refinery at Milford Haven is taking up the slack in the US oil industry caused by Katrina). That and the fact that they'd never survive the Brecon Beacons.

13. Well, hes got an extra 30,000 troops milling abour now that the "Surge" is over. Can't have them going on R+R, thats bad for moral!

14. You're right about Wales. And you have to pay 5 quid to get in - at least Iran wouldn't charge a toll...

15. There will be an anouncement tonight. Reliable sources tell that the dissolution of Congress will be announced, and Bush will nominate himself President for life.