News

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by CGS, Nov 10, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. CGS

CGS War Hero Moderator

Did anyone else hear the report on the radio this morning of the comments by some US Lt Gen responsible for the hunt for OBL/UBL regarding his rather extreme beliefs about Islam?

I found this one...

http://www.greatestjeneration.com/archives/001440.php

URLs/links please....

2. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

3. Do you think he is a regular on GIJargon?

Just when you think you may be being a bit harsh on the Sceptics, they just manage to prove how barking they all are.

4. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Lardy Navy Vet is Boykins' secret controller...

5. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

Did this get discussed on Jargon - I can't remember?

If not, shall we start it? Anyone got a link for details of last might's Jon Simpson programme on the shooting up of the Kurdish convoy by the septics. That might be a fun one to start in Jargon too.

Not to cause trouble you understand, just to see how they react :wink:

6. CGS

CGS War Hero Moderator

Do it...

7. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

YEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAAH LET'S SLOT US SOME AY-RABS! :?

What he forgets is that no-one "owns" God. He isn't "my God" or "your God". God is God (at least for those of us who believe that there is one), and that religion is an attempt to understand God and have a relationship founded on belief. Some may claim to have a greater understanding within their tradition, but to say things like "my God is greater than your God" is like saying "my dad can have your dad", only to a whole religion, not just another boy in the playground.

Fundamentalist American Christians scare me! :?