News story: WO1 Glenn Haughton OBE has been appointed as the first Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Chiefs of Staff Committee (SEAC)

last time I was asked, my suggestion that we alter phase 1 to account for changes in civpop met the same sort of appreciation as a fart in a lift. I suggested ph1 be broken down a bit.
he idea being a bright bloke could be trained and educated to be fitter. We can't make a retard who can run fast brighter or more technical. Either selection centres could stream recruits for different length courses, or use the us system of milestones and recycs along with diet support in the cookhouse. Ie 'oi, tubby. Fresh fruit only. No sausages'. The USMC actually have cards to assist the catering staff fulfil, or not, the needs of the recruit.
Unfortunately most of that common sense would be against their 'uman rites innit!

How dare you tell Porky Porkerson that he can't have a massive fry up for breakfast, and cream cakes with every meal!

MB

Still a bit weird.

I knew the guards wore mahoosive badges on the more formal uniforms didn't realise they did it on others. Trying to recall gren rs m in drill course. Mind you i never understood the fascination with swapping to wristlets and cbt95/pcs when summer order/sleeves up came around either.

If HM has kindly bestowed you an epaulette to use, then it is polite to use it. As I used to say about the fleece lined pockets on the new shocks :)
Guards RSMs, not RSMs of Guards battalions or Academy Sergeants Major, wear teeny tiny big badges just like humans do. The RSM at Beaconsfield in the 80s, always a woodentop, wore normal WO1 badges, for example. The huge embroidered Crosse & Blackwell things are apparently special, somehow.

A Rifles soldier correctly dressed and looking smarter than a Guards one? The worlds about to end isn't it....?

Guards RSMs, not RSMs of Guards battalions or Academy Sergeants Major, wear teeny tiny big badges just like humans do. The RSM at Beaconsfield in the 80s, always a woodentop, wore normal WO1 badges, for example. The huge embroidered Crosse & Blackwell things are apparently special, somehow.
Indeed

41608287331_3dc807d61d_b.jpg

Interestingly the USN regards their 'Master Chief of the Navy' as a 3* equivalent post, complete with staff, driver and retinue. How long before we see this here...
All of our SEA (service & CoS) are considered flag rank for many protocols but receive the standard E-9 pay rate, typically $7,195.80 per month, except for the SEAC who gets an additional ~$400.00 per month bonus to help deal with extra expenses that come with the office.

His flag changes with the service he comes from, loosely based on that of the CoS and has 4 Stars.

SEAC-Flag.png

Think that may have been a regimental dress oddity - also met a WFR Captain years ago with the same.

His explanation (whether true or not) was that one of their forebear regiments had been the first to move their rank off the sleeves onto the shoulders in WW1. Wonder if officers of the Mercians do the same?
If he was called ‘Shove’ he told me the same. The Officers of the Sherwood Foresters used to get muddy sleeves when digging the trenches and their ranks got obscured so they moved them to the shoulder.

Apparently WO1 Gavin Paton from the Rifles is the new Army Sergeant Major.
Rifles? Were the Household Division looking the other way. Nice to see the Black Mafia thriving. :)

Latest Threads