News story: Troops get set to manoeuvre onto Salisbury Plain

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Jul 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  2. I think they send this to the locals as well; the ones who didn't notice a BFO training area when they bought their dream cottage.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I always found it was difficult to get properly lost on SPTA or STANTA...unlike out in the real world.

Rodney2q

4. You'd be surprised

Same in Ireland with the country's only heavy weapons range.

5. On the other hand, all those SSSIs provided excellent opportunities to practice 'Actions On Finding Yourself Where You Shouldn't Be And Buggering Off Leaving Nothing Incriminating' and probably saved a few careers in the border counties of NI.

6. I always found the SSIs and other OOB areas marked on the DS maps to be an excellent way to get around the ex area without bumping into the "enemy" or walking into any pre-planned "ambushes.

On one ex my platoon was complemented on our excellent use of fieldcraft and movement to avoid being seen...mind you the only way we would have been seen would have been if the enemy and the DS were in the same OOB area we were...

:)

Rodney2q

7. .
    I'm on SPTA now. Found a sweet harbour area ... just whanged a cam net over some neatly placed large stones.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ...with plenty of room to park the wagons in between.

:)

Rodney2q