News story: The future of Afghanistan

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Apr 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Future?

We run away bravely…

Khazi runs away bravely or gets his gnads cut off and strung up like the last bloke…

Civil War…

Failed state run by religious nutters…

Wash, rinse, repeat…

• Like Like x 1
  3. Call me cynical but I sense an announcement very soon on major talks with the Taliban, reinforced with the anniversary of the Good Friday agreement and triumphed as progress.

Sent via Tapatalk HD

4. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

No its all sorted apparently our allies in Syria have teamed up with AQ. Our new AQ allies take care of talibs as we pull out.

And as the GFA has been such a stunning success, why wouldn't we repeat it everywhere else.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

5. Is there a book running on how long Afghanistan will maintain this relatively stable condition after we leave? I give it 10 minutes from wheels-up of the last aircraft out, and about 20 minutes for Karzai to get shot by the bodyguard.

6. In the beginning God created Earth, at about 23:48 on the very first Saturday he realised he hadnt got enough "stuff" left to finish the job, he stood there looking at the gap just above Pakistan and verily he said "Shit"....... and lo it came to pass that Afghanistan was created; a shit hole of biblical propotions, apart from a few foriegn incursions over the years its stayed a forgotten shit hole, The Russians visited the shit hole and didnt like it much, Terry Taliban took over and it became a real shit hole, Some Brits (and a few other Johny Foriegners) visited the shit hole tried to improve the it, they put some paper over the cracks and killed off a lot of cockroaches but never found the heart of the nest in the dangerous shit hole that looked nicer from some angles, pretty soon the Brits and Johnys will leave the shit hole and give it back to Karzai, it will carry on being a shit hole run by Terry T just as soon as kick Karzai out of the shit hole.

The morale of the story: Shit holes are usefull but not when they get that big.

7. While he's having his breakfast in his suite at the Park Lane Hilton, possibly not.

• Like Like x 1
  8. When is the victory parade booked for? It will be hard pressed to match the splendour of the 'Victory in Iraq' parade. I thought that pride of place at the head of the column could be given to the 1st, 2nd & 3rd Battalions of the Royal Amputee Regiment (that's if anyone bothered to keep count). They could be followed by a blank file of just over 400 to add a touch gravitas. The parade could then be addressed by Bliar where he could regal them with the list of achievements still in place after the first month of Taliban rule.

• Like Like x 2