News story: Syria chemical weapons attack

Ministry of Defence said:
The National Security Council (NSC) met today to discuss the Syria chemical weapons attack. MPs will be recalled to Parliament on Thursday 29 August to debate a motion on the attack.
Following the NSC meeting, a Number 10 spokesperson said:
The NSC met this afternoon to consider the government’s response to the appalling chemical weapons attack near Damascus last week. The NSC agreed unanimously on a recommendation that the Cabinet will consider tomorrow.
Ministers agreed that the Assad regime was responsible for this attack and that the world shouldn’t stand idly by; and that any response should be legal, proportionate and specifically to protect civilians by deterring further chemical weapons use. There was unanimous backing for the approach we are pursuing at the United Nations and the Chapter VII resolution put forward to fellow P5 members today.
[h=2]Syria chemical weapons attack: international community[/h]The Prime Minister has this week spoken with President Obama, Prime Minister Harper, President Hollande, Chancellor Merkel, President Putin and Prime Minister Rudd about the chemical attack.
The Deputy Prime Minister has spoken with Vice President Biden.
[h=2]Syria chemical weapons attack: government statements[/h]
[h=2]Humanitarian crisis in Syria: updates on UK aid[/h]The UK has committed £348 million to help those affected by conflict in Syria. This is the UK’s largest ever response to a humanitarian crisis.
Read more from DFID: Syria crisis: latest updates on UK aid.
Donate to the DEC Syria Crisis Appeal.

More...

"Ministers agreed that the Assad regime was responsible."

By what criteria? Or was this just another bums on seats out pouring of moral outrage?

Well it would be nice if they could share this information with us. Don't you think? Then again I keep thinking I live in a democracy.
I'll get onto number 10 straight away. I'm sure the PM will keep you informed due to you're inability to use Google must be playing on his mind.

Oralternativley, we could wait until the Commons is recalled and the matter is discussed in the UN.

I'll get onto number 10 straight away. I'm sure the PM will keep you informed due to you're inability to use Google must be playing on his mind.

Oralternativley, we could wait until the Commons is recalled and the matter is discussed in the UN.
This is a press release it's supposed to be transparent. Why the the **** should I use google?

P.S Learn to spell you cretin.

[video=youtube_share;-k51MZuse5M]http://youtu.be/-k51MZuse5M[/video]

Say after me; Assad is a baaad maaan, Only baaad meeen would use chemical weapoooons, Big Billy Haague can sup fourtteeen pints and doesn't like bottoms, repeat.

Latest Threads