News story: Submarine HMS Ambush commissioned into the Royal Navy

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Mar 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. :eh:
  3. Launched as 'Ambush', 1033'd to the Andrew, becomes 'HMS Ambush'.
  4. She's not a sub yet, she's 'fitted for but not with' hatches.
  5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

HMS Airbrush is next then - so stealthy they will have to cut and paste it into official pictures
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Will it help make up numbers for the broken ones or will it be driven onto a rock as well?
  7. Do we have a "Running aground on a well charted rock Pool".....?

...or a "murderous seaman runs amok pool?"
  8. If subs are boats shouldn't it be HMB?

Also, are subs she or he? I don't believe in this PC bollocks about not being able to call a ship a she. The local diversity and equality commissar counsellor can do one the lefty cnut.
  9. I wonder if Rockall is insured against submarine anyone at Lloyds able to shed light on that!
  10. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Nice to see a lovely new bit of kit entering service, with a highly trained crew ready to apply "decisive violence to Her majesty's enemies," as one of my captains described our purpose in life.
  11. Still she, but now she's commissioned, you call her Ma'am.
  12. Nonsense, they have one hatch, they can dive the front end a bit, and if they lug the heavy hatch over the deck, they can dive the back end a bit. The current plan for heavy seas involves extra mops and buckets.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Lots of sweaty bearded matelots packed tightly into a vast throbbing steel phallus.....where is Jarrod by the way?
  14. Visiting people in Faslane, I believe.
  15. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

signing off rohypnol scrips for his rape club.