News story: Sergeant Beth Wilson on serving in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Mar 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Bird in the Army. Hardly breaking news.

Yours aye, Dale the Civvie xxx

• Like Like x 1
  3. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

I wonder if there is any scope for a comedy like In the Thick of It but based at the MOD?

4. Hey, you were a great clerk as I recall. Folks still talk about your stationery cupboard. You should have got a medal for the way those pencils were sharpened.

• Like Like x 1
  5. She did.. :)

6. 7 times.

7. You nicked blokes unnecessarily for minor scrapes* and probably spent more time in my office than I did. I spent most of my time at Catterick CMC, normally on weekends. Like I had a life anyway!!!

*LSW theft, AWOL, stabbings, rape, breaking and entering, stealing cars - the list could go on......

8. Walking on the cracks in the pavement, wearing white socks, being in possession of an offensive wife in a public place....

• Like Like x 2
  9. First laugh of the day.

They were little bastards weren't they?

The parade square on a Monday morning? People think we make this shit up.

Is that your car?

No Sarge.

10. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Don't you think the depression and mental health thread is long enough?

Glad to see the MOD is focused on the increased role/number of women as a performance indicator and is not getting sidetracked by irrelevancies like operational effectiveness.

11. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Radio 4 ran one a couple of years ago with, yes, Peter Capaldi doing one of the characters...when the latest senior moment clears I will remember the name of it.

The caricatures were....familiar, anyway.
    Army colonel obsessed with dogs, world weary CPO holding it all together, hyper intelligent female official who doesn't 'get' Defence , RAF schemer ....all there.

I listened in a few times but have reached an age when clever dicky Radio 4 comedies just bring the simmering rage to expletive point so tended to switch over to Classic FM and mutter calm things after a while...beer can do the trick too.

12. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

The mental health thread is something of a revelation to one who has led such a sheltered existence such as myself - I find myself checking it before even the clicking on the last 50!

13. Is your head on upside down?

14. It was called "Our Brave Boys" if my last braincell is telling me the truth