News story: Sailors sit GCSEs at sea

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Aug 23, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. :boogie:Oh, the little darlings. We used to have them sitting Maths and English Os on the subs on QRA(N).

And I've got no sympathy for the officers who gave up time to teach - unless they've stopped paying you for it :pirat:
  3. And I thought I was pretty warry studying for a Degree, in an ISO container in Afghanistan's summer heat... only occasionally disturbed by the odd TIC.

Were they allowed to wear iPods for the exams?
  4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Surely the point that is being missed here, and it is a pretty large elephant in a pretty small room, that is would Lt Helen Oliphant get "it"?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I saw what you did there.

also saw a hint of ginger in the picture... and not the good sort.
  6. Is it possible NOT to get an A?
  7. Typical Pongo hygiene. Weren't you issued with flea powder? :)

If you gained your degree, then congratulations. Congratulations to Jack and Jenny on their achievements under suboptimal conditions too.
  8. Yip, I got an A and seven alternatives. How about you ?
  9. Only small ears. An oliphant of indian origin?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  10. Which self-respecting flea would risk being seen on a Pongo?
  11. Look at all the Matelots coming out in defence of their comrades :D

I reckon the one on the right is very popular on board... if you know what I mean.
  12. One hates to be churlish and piss in MOD-RSS's wheaties...

But gushing that people driving their latest and steeliest death dealing war canoe now have bits of paper confirming they can count past 10 without removing a shoe, and can use big words, is not exactly sending out the public message they may think it is.
  13. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Taken from a puff about Dragon's stopover in Dubai:

The bridge was also a highlight of the tour, with the Captain’s red leather Rolls Royce chair a major attraction. Questions from the inquisitive children came thick and fast and Lt Helen Oliphant, one of Dragon’s four Officers of the Watch, was on hand to answer them.

Helen’s role as one of the core bridge team members means that she is responsible for maintaining safe navigation and acts as the ‘eyes’ of the ship.

That GCSE in Geography will probably come in handy then.