News story: Royal Navy set for Cougar 13

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Aug 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. In the 70's and 80's the RN had a policy of lean manning. When did that go out of the window;
    loggies load.jpg
  3. Fair enough, polish the ship's bell, but can't they do something about the rust?
  4. Now, I'm all for giving the benefit of doubt but.........calling a 13yr old a Cougar?

Crikey, that's pushing it a bit, even for Matloe's.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I see the Navy gets the quality brands whilst the Army is stuck with Rola-cola and tatto crisps (not forgetting the still half frozen pasty).
  8. Might be quality going in but what comes out after going through the 'blanderizer' is totally different:)

Sent from my HTC Desire using ARRSE mobile app
  9. Ah yes....packed meals......warm ebola cola....soggy broken custard creams...."Crisps GS, pre chewed, namechanged, flavourless, potato alledged"......and the fresh mouseshit under the sweaty clingfilm wrapped lovingly around your sandwiches......marvellous really!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. No submarine this time?
  11. Strangely enough there is a video 'Cougar 13' on XHamster. No ships, subs or Matelots involved. I would post a link but the Gestapo would RoP me.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs you know...and I wasn't going to breach OPSEC about this, but the information is public domain and I'm not currently officially working nor being paid (Govt Officials note NO breach of OSA!!), but I did note that members of Yankee Squadron 30 Cdo IX Gp along with members of 539 Assault Sqn are somewhat ahead of their RFTG travelling who knows???? Wonder where they are off to?? ;P
  13. they did mention submarines for previous Cougar exercises
  14. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The fat bald ****er with the gash beard was an acting killick on the Exeter on our epic Far East adventure.

He's a nice enough bloke but his dits are among the gashest I've ever heard. Pulling a gangway watch with him was like sitting next to that bloke in Airplane.

My personal favourite was how he was at an Iron Maiden gig and he was picked out of the crowd to come on stage and play bass for them. He also once rescued a baby seal from the jaws of a shark and at one point he had a pony tail that he used to tuck under his beret.

One lad even set up a facebook page dedicated to his shit dits.