News story: RAF Typhoons use Brimstone capability for the first time

Sounds good, more dead Daesh = excellent.
But how well will this missile with the cool name do against Chinese and Russian ships and stuff?
Because it seems (to me) that any old thing can splatter some bearded moral imbeciles but we might in the future need something better than what the big boys got.

I'm asking as a total civvy, so layman's language would be appreciated. So no big words.

But how well will this missile with the cool name do against Chinese and Russian ships and stuff?
Because it seems (to me) that any old thing can splatter some bearded moral imbeciles but we might in the future need something better than what the big boys got.

I'm asking as a total civvy, so layman's language would be appreciated. So no big words.
Brimstone is not designed for use against ships.

It’s primarily an anti-armour weapon and has been proven in that role.

Regards,
MM

It's designed for use against armour and ground targets.
I imagine if it hit Russian or Chinese armour or ground targets it would give them at the very least a bad day.
Ships? Dunno. Not really what it's for.

Brimstone is not designed for use against ships
It's designed for use against Armour and ground targets.
I presume you both meant BIG SHIPS :)

Quoted from the MOD page: However, a Typhoon was deployed to the River Euphrates on 19 February, where a boat used by Daesh had been identified and was destroyed using the Brimstone missile

Another non expert here on aircraft but does have an unhealthy interest in them.....how come Brimstone only now has been used deployed with Typhoon? Understand that we now do not have Tornado but was it all tested and "deployed" ages ago and they didnt want 2 airframes fitted with it until one went?