Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News story: RAF Engineer becomes first ever UK female military three-star Commander

Each service will normally offer at least one candidate for a tri-service post. Those will then be assessed and/or interviewed by ministers or an appropriate VVSO before selection. Therefore, AM Gray will almost certainly have seen 2 other people off to replace Felton.

Regards,
MM
Did you read my ‘one’ for ‘only’? - you’re repeating yourself MM.

Not quite sure what you mean old chap although repeating oneself comes with age!

Regards,
MM

Not quite sure what you mean old chap although repeating oneself comes with age! ;)

Regards,
MM

obviously a dab hand with a slide rule and a wrench or she would not have got the job.

Are you kidding, She’s an engineering officer, that means she’s done an engineering degree, it doesn’t mean she has ever picked up a wrench (know as spanners in the UK, but I’ll forgive you) she probably doesn’t know one end from the other, but she’ll be able to bore you to death with the theory of torque, turning forces and mechanical advantage

Are you kidding, She’s an engineering officer, that means she’s done an engineering degree, it doesn’t mean she has ever picked up a wrench (know as spanners in the UK, but I’ll forgive you) she probably doesn’t know one end from the other, but she’ll be able to bore you to death with the theory of torque, turning forces and mechanical advantage

Sometimes - i don't know f-all about practical stuff - maybe that's why I have two engg degrees. That said I do know how to work on old cars and stuff. I lag waay behind my dad on practical stuff, who doesn't have as much theoretical ed as I did.

Though, this guy probably said more F's in a video than I have ever seen before.

Sometimes - i don't know f-all about practical stuff - maybe that's why I have two engg degrees. That said I do know how to work on old cars and stuff. I lag waay behind my dad on practical stuff, who doesn't have as much theoretical ed as I did.

Though, this guy probably said more F's in a video than I have ever seen before.

Totally agree, I very much doubt she was under a car with her dad back in the 70’s/80’s like we did though.
Ikea isn’t engineering, it’s a cross between feckin Jenga and a Chinese puzzle, you need a feckin degree in physics just to understand the instructions and I consider myself an accomplished engineer! Feck

D

Deleted 60082

Well done. Women still have to work much harder than men to get on so I have no doubt this is well deserved.

Just to lower the tone; I would love to be there when she is in a room with a large group of other star ranks and some unknowing numpty say's, "get the kettle on luv".
The reality is the following question: “has anyone travelled more than three hours to get here today? Yes? Right you can use the coffee machine in the corner and have just one packet of biscuits, or otherwise Amey get cross with us. Oh, luv, can I have your UIN?”

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Each service will normally offer at least one candidate for a tri-service post. Those will then be assessed and/or interviewed by ministers or an appropriate VVSO before selection. Therefore, AM Gray will almost certainly have seen 2 other people off to replace Felton.

Regards,
MM
Wonder where he's off to next...

The seventh circle of Hell, with any luck.

The odious, condescending d**khead.

The reality is the following question: “has anyone travelled more than three hours to get here today? Yes? Right you can use the coffee machine in the corner and have just one packet of biscuits, or otherwise Amey get cross with us. Oh, luv, can I have your UIN?”

Oh, yes, remember it well, "your'e not fr'm 'ere are ya"?.........."show us ya ID card and giz ya unit".

Conversely, when visiting the Americans, wherever, I was always pointed at the officers accommodation and dining facilities with big smiles and no questions.

Latest Threads