News story: RAF Engineer becomes first ever UK female military three-star Commander

Sue Gray, a Royal Air Force engineer, has been promoted to the rank of Air Marshal, making her the most senior female military officer in the British Armed Forces.

Continue reading...

Sue Gray, a Royal Air Force engineer, has been promoted to the rank of Air Marshal, making her the most senior female military officer in the British Armed Forces.

Continue reading...
Well done, and obviously a dab hand with a slide rule and a wrench or she would not have got the job.

"I am incredibly proud to be the most senior female military officer in the British Armed Forces."

Not given to false modesty, though, is she?

Is that Three Stars in the Michelin Guide, so no more Premier Inn on deployments?

Well done. Women still have to work much harder than men to get on so I have no doubt this is well deserved.

Just to lower the tone; I would love to be there when she is in a room with a large group of other star ranks and some unknowing numpty say's, "get the kettle on luv".

Well done. Women still have to work much harder than men to get on so I have no doubt this is well deserved.

Just to lower the tone; I would love to be there when she is in a room with a large group of other star ranks and some unknowing numpty say's, "get the kettle on luv".
I think this is why female airline pilots wear a different uniform to female flight attendants! most female pilots would take your head off if you demanded a G&T.

Assume she outranks the Senior Enlisted Advisor.

Not sure about this (bold)...I know more than a few who managed to get a few years off work to have kids, avoid going on tour for over a decade and still get promoted ahead of their male counterparts.

But back to the story, good on her, well done. Tough to break the 2* ceiling as non-aircrew; to go one rank more is an incredible achievement.

I imagine that with Felton leaving, the DSA is about to be a much nicer place to work...