News story: Prime Minister's phone call with President Obama

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Aug 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. But unfortunately, after Tony in 2003 no fcuker will ever believe any Prime Minister again in such matters, ever.
    That was a cnuts trick that can only be pulled once, without any evidence whatsoever.
    There may well be loads of such in this case, but no one will ever look at it in the same light.
    By the way, where is the esteemed Middle East Peace Envoy ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yippie Kai Aiy, Muther****er. I'm fine, thanks for asking.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. A better line might have been "President to rescue British PM, but it will take a few days." I don't have time to catch up with all the threads on Syria, so apologies if these points have been made before. I watched Obama making his announcement about allowing Congress to debate military action, and thought that he had successfully kicked the problem into the long grass. Not only that, but no US President will ever be able to declare war again without asking Congress first. This is a watershed moment, because it sets a precedent. Later I deduced that Congress will have to agree to attack, assuming credible evidence about the use of gas in Syria is forthcoming. Putin can't accuse Obama of being a warmonger, and the British decision to have a parliamentary debate does not look so weak.

Obama is a great politician, certainly the best of the current crop. He takes his time with his decisions, which is just as well because he could destroy the world with one sentence. I feel safer with him in charge of America. If he had lost the election to the Republicans, a large part of the Muslim world might now be radioactive. It is his bad luck to have to face all the problems he has had, but it is our good luck that he is good at his job.

PS, don't worry Barry, I only admire your political astuteness, I am not one of your home grown nutters who wants to be you.