News story: Novichok nerve agent use in Salisbury: UK government response

Putin has bigger fish to fry.
Anyone with a lab could have done it.
The British government are a bunch of loonies.
Very poor assumptions based on little or no evidence. Any facts?

How much is a Corbyn paid for his RT appearances?

According to an article I read the other day Corbyn has often appeared on RT to oppose UK policy for free "out of principle".

If you want to post up a spoiler for this election you need to post the turn out percentage and the vote share for the 'various' candidates. :)
Turn out 107%
Vote share: Putin 110%

3 papers were spoilt due to voters fingers being broken whilst voting.

Assumptions are not mine...just opinions. There is no proper 'evidence' available and that is the only "fact" involved.
The facts quoted are immutable. You may not like them, but they remain facts. OPCW arrive tomorrow and may give more evidence. That may be inconclusive.

Whilst there is a criminal investigation I have no doubt some evidence will come to light. Some won’t. As we’re unlikely to get a suspect on trial there will always be doubters.

Last edited:
BBC news, reporter outside a polling station in Moscow, just quoted turnout at 52.6% and added that this figure may change.

No link.
I seem to recall that the last affair levelled out at 48%. Those ballerinas, cakes and roubles are having their intended effect this time around. It's less of an election and more of a coronation.

I seem to recall that the last affair levelled out at 48%. Those ballerinas, cakes and roubles are having their intended effect this time around. It's less of an election and more of a coronation.
Putin won't be happy with that low a turn out. How can he prove his popularity if so few people turn out ?

Putin won't be happy with that low a turn out. How can he prove his popularity if so few people turn out ?
6pm UK time is the magic hour. I'll bet the vodka cabinet key is in the process of being signed out at FSB HQ.

6pm UK time is the magic hour. I'll bet the vodka cabinet key is in the process of being signed out at FSB HQ.
I doubt there’s a key personally, or even a cabinet. More like CID in the 70’s and ‘bottom drawer’

Russia's Putin wins by big margin
Looking for 70/70 (turnout and vote for him), he gets 63.7% and 73.9% according to state exit polls. Turnout down from 2012:
A Russian state exit poll gave him 73.9% of the vote, easily defeating his closest competitor.

The main opposition leader, Alexei Navalny, was barred from the race.

The scale of victory - which had been widely predicted - was a marked increase in his share of the vote from 2012, when he won 64% of votes.

A state exit poll put the turnout at 63.7%, down on 2012. Mr Putin's campaign had hoped for a large turnout, to give him the strongest possible mandate.
Already allegations of voter irregularities:
Video recordings from polling stations showed irregularities in a number of towns and cities across Russia. Several videos showed election officials stuffing boxes with ballot papers.
Early results showed that with just 21.3% of boxes counted, Mr Putin had almost 72% of the votes.
Exit polls, published as soon as voting ended, showed that Mr Putin's closest opponent, Pavel Grudinin, was only projected to win 11.2%.

Higgs_bosun

On ROPS
On ROPs
The facts quoted are immutable. You may not like them, but they remain facts. OPCW arrive tomorrow and may give more evidence. That may be inconclusive.

Whilst there is a criminal investigation I have no doubt some evidence will come to light. Some won’t. As we’re unlikely to get a suspect on trial there will always be doubters.
Such "facts" quoted are purely circumstantial and until proper evidence is available one should not jump to conclusions. Proving that vodka is Russian is one thing, blaming Putin for anyone found smashed out of their mind on a park bench is another. In my opinion the government have acted prematurely and foolishly.

Such "facts" quoted are purely circumstantial and until proper evidence is available one should not jump to conclusions.
Which facts are you disputing? An election today? Vetoing UNSC Resolutions? Novichok designed in the USSR?
Proving that vodka is Russian is one thing, blaming Putin for anyone found smashed out of their mind on a park bench is another.
You think they were pissed and not poisoned by a nerve agent?
In my opinion the government have acted prematurely and foolishly.
Diplomatic outrages happen all of the time. It’s what happens next and what happens when all of the facts of the poisoning are known.