Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News story: New veterans ID cards rolled out to service leavers

There’s an unhealthy obsession with some in getting this card. Is it to emphasise you’re a veteran and just how important you are?
I wonder what happens if I front up at for example the November remembrance stuff with medals but don't have my vets card with me? Will some eejit call me out as a Walt? Will we need to carry the damn thing at all times when wearing the veterans pin? Will I end up in front of someone if I lose the bloody thing? I don't have one and tbh I don't want one because there's idiots and there's ex military idiots

Will this help

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-20-11-46-38(2).png
    Screenshot_2020-11-20-11-46-38(2).png
    67 KB · Views: 70
Sorry I only just found out about it in a newsletter,, never mind, keep on plodding

"All other veterans will be able to apply for a new ID card by the end of this year, to mark their time in the armed forces."

It's getting their near the end of the year...

"All other veterans will be able to apply for a new ID card by the end of this year, to mark their time in the armed forces."

There’s also a national pandemic on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elovabloke

ADC

What’s your source

They said that last year too. Expect more of the same in 2021.
From today (Monday), any personnel who have left the military since December 2018 will automatically be given one of the new ID cards, which will allow them to maintain a tangible link to their career in the forces.

Veterans who have already made the transition to civilian life will be able to apply for a service leavers ID card by the end of the year.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
From today (Monday), any personnel who have left the military since December 2018 will automatically be given one of the new ID cards, which will allow them to maintain a tangible link to their career in the forces.

Veterans who have already made the transition to civilian life will be able to apply for a service leavers ID card by the end of the year.

Interesting - no info about how to actually apply....

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Interesting - no info about how to actually apply....

The Railcard is here:

The latest I've seen for old knackers like us is here:

The Railcard is here:

The latest I've seen for old knackers like us is here:

To be honest I consider the whole idea of a MOD90 Veterans card quite waltish.

The DDS card has more use and a Railcard is practical albeit more waltish for flashing around the pub than a MoD90 style ID card however.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

The DDS card has more use and a Railcard is practical albeit more waltish for flashing around the pub than a MoD90 style ID card however.
You flash your ID cards around in the pub?

It could be quite a useful thing to have - provided it's furnished with official cachet as a recognised document (for things like ID verification for the railcard). Not everyone has a driving license or passport... or still has their 1250 or MOD90... or even discharge docs.

It would be ironic if this thing finally manifests on the same day the last pub shuts... forever. It's a conspiracy I'll wager.

Last edited:

ches

LE
It could be quite a useful thing to have - provided it's furnished with official cachet as a recognised document. Not everyone has a driving license or passport.

Well considering a current MOD90 is not accepted by a lot of places & organisations as legit ID then its doubtful any veterans card will have an 'weight' behind it.....unless the holder is ex RLC obvs.............

Well considering a current MOD90 is not accepted by a lot of places & organisations as legit ID then its doubtful any veterans card will have an 'weight' behind it.....unless the holder is ex RLC obvs.............
Yeah but if they're ex RLC whatever you want will be (sucks teeth) out of stock or they only have 1 left.

RedDinger

Old-Salt
I'll look forward to mine then. Though I cant think of a single instance I would have needed it in the last 30 years, but I'll get one anyway.
If I was American, it would be a different story. They treat Veterans with respect now (not including the post-Vietnam era) so I could flash it around to get free stuff.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer

Then don't get one. Easy.

Latest Threads