News story: MOD reopens competition for Scottish construction projects

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Mar 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I do not suppose you have considered drug smuggling at all? We can drop your cap-ex by 6.4% and demonstrate ROI within 36 months. And provide jobs for many people. Particularly the long term unemployed. He can hawk that lot off of the dole nay bother.

We are at a loss to understand why you want to locate your facility in Scotland. Other European locations may be available.

Please PM me for details. A three bedroom job at Chelsea Harbor or a nice Gite with a pool and a boat pier somewhere in the Med? The choice is yours my friend.

3. one wonders why there bothering wiht this now, in another year scotland could be voting for independance and then it will all be money down the drain, it would make more sense fiscally and politically to either hold off on the project untill after the vote or better yet to fins somewhere within the english borders for such things, we have just as much unemployment problems and could certianly use a project like this in places like hull (massive problems wiht unemployment of skilled workers)

or tynside or well any area (particularly in the north) where thers long history of joblessness (because theres nothing to employ people after the mines closed or the ship building dive bombed.......