News story: Innovative ways sought to improve the security of maritime operations

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Jan 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. What total gash. Buy more T26, and deploy them, without ipods, but with the will to do harm to anyone who brings it upon themself by being thngs like, er, pirates.

And please resign so the money saved on your tripe issuance can be spent in a better manner. Just saying like...

3. Fund a bigger navy, and hang those pirates not killed in the initial skirmish. Spend the money I've just saved you on more navy and fewer consultants.

• Like Like x 1
  4. .
    Drain all the sea. What's it good for anyway? You can't drink the stuff.

5. Leave the anti-piracy stuff to Fallschrimjäger and the other paid guns-for-hire out on the civvie boats.
    They get to frag naughty skinnies for fun, the private sector helps stimulate the ex-forces market and the RN can go back to what ever they do, what ever that is???

Win/win

6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Wait out. I shall stop laughing shortly, straights I will.

Let me get this straight. You are calling for proposals from technology providers, including academia and small companies to help you stop the smuggling job, yes? Like tech providers, scholars and SME's have ever shifted a cargo over a border / sea in the dead of night and under the guns of bad men who might try to steal the cargo. Right.

I should like to submit my CV.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Build twin hull vessels, they don't roll or pitch as much in rough seas, so can cover distance quicker and also provide a stable platform for firing SA.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

9. Just the next stage in asset-stripping the forces, why else do you think they've put bankers in charge at the MOD?

10. .
    Set adrift container ships crewed only by aids ridden monkeys, armed with hammers, with inviting rope ladders, covered in superglue at the top rung, hung over the side of the ships.

11. No thanks, please.

12. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

Bring back the death penalty for Pirates everywhere, it may put some of them off.
    Is HMG asking for its own privateers again to help out the RN? The op could fit into 16th century Britain.
    Bit likd that kids pirate film on sky .

... .... .. -

13. Q ships.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

how about privateer licenses again with a head bounty.

the do need to lay off the human rights bollox and ship them to diego garcia or even better east falkland or grytviken prison.

15. And the boat in the picture appears to be called "Kaka"... I ask you!?