Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

News story: Helicopter crash in Afghanistan: Nick Clegg’s statement

Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg said:

Our thoughts are with the families and friends of the 5 service personnel who have so tragically lost their lives.

This incident is a very sad reminder of the vital but dangerous job that our Armed Forces are doing every day to bring security to the people of Afghanistan.

I would like to pay tribute to their service and to the ultimate sacrifice made by those who died yesterday.

Continue reading...

Nick really phoned that one in.
A nicer touch may have been mentioning their names rather than the generic clearly couldn't care less abysmal effort.

A nicer touch may have been mentioning their names rather than the generic clearly couldn't care less abysmal effort.
Given that the MoD RSS feed operates at less than the speed of an asthmatic ant with some heavy shopping, you'll probably find that Clegg's statement was released much earlier today. The names only became public around 21:00hrs.

What do you want him to do? Had the NoK process been completed when the statement was made? I think the man's a wart but if he'd added names someone would be picking him up for it.

I find it rather nauseating that he dare open his mouth on such an occasion.
What? You mean you believe that St Nick actually took the time to scribble something on a napkin over lunch? Not one of his many minions?