News story: Foreign Office urges all sides in Yemen to participate in National Dialog

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Mar 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Poor spelling. Rescrub and resubmit. And whoever released this without spell checking it. My office, 10 minutes, sword and medals
  3. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Yeah, I can really see all sides in Yemen saying: "We've had a stern warning from the foreign office. We'll immediately stop all violence and engage in National Dialogue".

Or perhaps not...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hague's speech on the front of the "British Embassy in Yemen" website is well-constructed if compared with other current FCO publicity - his Private Office team serves him well. But the statement above (from deeper in the BEIY website above) is not far off gibberish, seemingly written by a junior diplomat who is either female, ethnic minority, or both, and who desperately needs to go on a Basic Drafting course - nothing like the good, solid submissions of years ago. But the FCO of these days really does believe in promoting the dynamism (and therefore inexperience) of youth.

Mr Cynic
  5. Given we cannot send a gunboat anymore, highly unlikely.

Pass the khaat and lets just crack on as usual, eh ya-shaabab?!
  6. It's been said before that all the "white" nations need to do is wait - within a few years the vast majority of Africans will have wiped themselves out either with AIDS or war. The whole area will then be available for recolonisation.
  7. Have you not noticed we are being "colonised" ourselves at the moment? I would hazard that in a couple of generations this country will be Muslim. With current breeding patterns our grandchildren will be a minority.
  8. Yea - our possible Muslim future has been mentioned before elsewhere. And how many of these "invaders" might be bringing HIV and AIDS with them? Seems to be a sort of musical chairs going on- I'd be quite happy if we got South Africa to ourselves as a result ..... But then we would repeat history and start inviting immigrants in, wouldn't we!