News story: First pilots complete new fast jet training

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Jun 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  2. 4????????? More staff than pilots, FFS is really all worth it?
  3. Pilots are very special - and worth much more than your average mortal
  4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Well with the growbags they should be able to produce more.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Presumably the young lady in the red dress is the course clerk/typist (civilian type)...

...I assume they needed an extra body top make up the numbers for the photo...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Maybe she is the Top Gun instructor, now which one did she fall for?
  7. Has a medal fallen off the chap in the middle front?
  8. Er... I think you'll find that the 'course typist' is Dr Emma Egging, widow of Flt Lt Jon Egging, the Red Arrows pilot who died in the crash at Bournemouth 2 years ago. There's a Trust in Jon Egging's memory, and it awards a prize to the FJ course at Valley - because his last front line unit was 4 Squadron, which is now the Hawk squadron.

As for the staff, the bloke in the suit is the manager of the training contract provider, while the front row beyond Emma Egging are the Station Commander, the Chief of the Air Staff, the chap in charge of flying training, and the Squadron boss (the only member of 'staff' present).

And now I know I've been doing this for too long, since apart from CAS, I've been DS to all of the light blue on the front row at various points in their careers...
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I stand corrected - every day's a school day as someone on the ARRSE once said.

10. MID without campaign medal perhaps.
  11. AP1358 is your friend. Not a close friend, indeed, possibly more of a passing acquaintance who has useful information...

Paragraph 0815 refers:

Google and the LG suggest this is a non-campaign award of the QCVS from 1986.
  12. Cheers, as Rodders said, every days a school day.
  13. **** me, the Munsters won the contract?!