News story: Faith on the front line in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Jun 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. I remember seeing a documentary shortly after the Falklands war. There was a bit on one of the ships travelling down when the Paras chaplain came into one of the rooms (cabins?) where the Paras were cleaning weapons, doing press-ups, gonking etc.

He said, "Listen in. I'm going to be holding a communion service here in ten minutes. Those not interested **** off".

3. Sounds about right provost! Anyone ever come across the Padre legend that is Basil Pratt? Failed P Company twice on attitude! Hell of a bloke!

4. Crazy name, crazy guy!

Edited to add: Hey whadya know? He has his own short wiki entry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basil_Pratt

5. That's freaky as my father is very good friends with him from his time at Pirbright 89-92. Apparently Basil was well known for wandering through the lines shit-faced and singing Onward Christian Soldiers! If Basil is an Arsser he will remember me for vomiting over the buffet at a dining out in 92. I was 3 or 4 at the time and projectile vomited everywhere after eating myself sick on the chocolate fountain.

6. If the buffet had been prepared by the slop-jockeys, no one would have known.

7. Paloma?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Basil was blessing it at the time! They knew :)

9. Please, please, please tell me it was just at the point when he was saying, ".... and out of the strong came forth sweetness."
    {Judges 14:14}

10. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

That's Golden Syrup.

[​IMG]

11. He also rode a Norton Black Shadow, very fast and with screwed front forks, every time he got pulled he would unwrap his scarf and show his dog collar.

12. Bloody deluded fool...there is no god.

What's more important is there is no such thing as a "Norton Black Shadow"... It would have been a Vincent.

Unless of course it was a 'Norvin' special...but then the forks would not have been screwed...'Road Holders' last for eternity... :)

13. If I had a bear, I'd show you on it where he touched me. Or was that Jimmy Saville? I get confused and time seems to have dimmed it all.

14. Not being a biker I bow to superior knowledge!

15. YAWN!!!!!!