News story: Careers service launched for injured heroes

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Jun 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Excellent, signed up.

3. I have no doubt it will provide excellent assistance to some of the wounded, sick & injured and the MoD should be doing all it can for them.

Where I take umbrage however is in the spin:

The MOD-led initiative, delivered in partnership with Help for Heroes and the Royal British Legion, will ensure that all wounded, injured and sick personnel have access to the full range of key services and resources including personalised recovery plans to help them at every stage of their recovery.

No it bloody well won't.

Minister of State for Defence Personnel, Welfare and Veterans, Mark Francois, the Minister of State for Defence Personnel, Welfare and Veterans, said:
    Our injured heroes give everything in service of their country and it is only right that we do all we can to help them in their recovery. I am therefore delighted that the Defence Recovery Capability, supported by charities such as Help for Heroes and the Royal British Legion, has now achieved Full Operating Capability.
    This will ensure all our wounded, injured and sick serving personnel can access tailor-made support and bespoke career assistance to help them return to duty or make an effective transition to civilian life.

Again no it bloody well won't, and the (supposedly) Rt Honourable Mark Francois MP doesn't even acknowledge letters passed to him from the Prime Ministers office on the subject of support for the injured, wounded and sick!