News story: Admiral Zambellas new First Sea Lord

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by MoD_RSS, Apr 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Felt a bit sorry for Sir Mark, his last review hurrah - standing on a P2000 watching a RIB wizz by.

Sic transit gloria navis
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Looking at the braid, why are the dangly bits with tassles not worn in the same way?

I did try google but...
  4. I don't feel sorry for him.

Singularly the most uninspiring man to ever have reached the top of the Service. Devoid of chrisma, insight and original thought.

George Z is a significant capability upgrade. How on earth did we sneek that past the Treasury?
    • Like Like x 3
  5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

An anagram of Admiral Stanhope is Handrail Tempos. You can easily make the word 'Llama' out of Admiral Zambellas but I am not sure this is significant. Llamas tend not to go to sea.
  6. Nor do First Sea Lords.......
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Born in a land locked country as well I believe.
  8. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

"Stick close to your desk and never go to sea
    And you all may be rulers of the Queen's Navy"

Cue the chorus...
    • Like Like x 8
  9. Well at least he has finally gone. Hopefully the new bloke will have a whole navy view instead of a very blinkered view. When stanhope spike about the loss if RN fixed wing assets he didn't have a clue what he was on about and the top Crab just sat there shaking his head

Sent from my HTC Desire using ARRSE mobile app
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Something to do with lashing various sizes of parrots to their shoulders I believe...
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Since SDR they only have parakeets or budgerigars - parrots are no longer NSN patternised issue.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Can't they pay the difference if they want a macaw? Out of their shoe buckle allowance or somesuch?
  13. Just put in a non patt demand or GPC it, I'm sure 1sl would be high enough top cover.

Sent from my iPhone using The Force
  14. Tried that - rejected by MoD Donnington: the joys of jointery.

aknowledging that Northern Matelot is a Loggy and I most serpently am not.