Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

News story: Action Counters Terrorism: Report suspicious activity and behaviour

They spoke about this today on Radio 4....

"So, if you see someone buying a hammer, you should ask yourself - What does he need a hammer for? This could be suspicious behaviour, I had better report this to the police..."

"Of course, hammers have been used in crime, you know."

Well folks, if I come under this sort of scrutiny I will not be happy. This idea of "If you have nothing to hide, it shouldn't bother you" is a load of crap. The result of feeding soap operas to the sheeple day in and day out. Teaching them to show an interest into other people's lives, till they think it's normal acceptable behaviour. Bloody outrageous I call it.

If they want this sort of thing then they should have started it years ago. With every single drug user and dealer being reported. All graffiti vandals as well, and everyone who drops litter - shop them all and make society decent again. And as for noisy bastards, they should have headphones glued to their heads and have loud white noise played constantly for at least a week.

Control and agenda.
While many players from ROP are being let back into the UK, housed and given welfare...
Returning Isis fighters could be given council houses
People that expose the threat are banned from entering the UK and investigated under governmental anti-terrorist legislation.
Why 3 far-right activists were refused entry to the UK
Let's have a little look at far-right Lauren Southern and you'll see why she's such a threat to the UK establishment that is quietly and slowly killing the country.

Communities defeat terrorism. With the enduring terrorist threat, it is now more important than ever that everyone plays their part in tackling terrorism. Your actions could save lives.

Don’t worry about wasting police time. No call or click will be ignored. What you tell the police is treated in the strictest confidence and is thoroughly researched by experienced officers before, and if, any police action is taken.

Any piece of information could be important, it is better to be safe and report. Remember, trust your instincts and ACT. Action Counters Terrorism.

How can I report?

Reporting is quick and easy. You can report in confidence online via our secure form: www.gov.uk/ACT. Alternatively, you can call the police confidentially on 0800 789 321. All reports are kept confidential and you can report anonymously.

In an emergency always call 999.

What should I report?

Like other criminals, terrorists need to plan. You can report suspicious activity or behaviour – anything that seems out of place, unusual or just doesn’t seem to fit in with everyday life.

Watch the ACT film to learn more

What could potentially be terrorist-relates suspicious activity or behaviour?

Research

• Meetings, training and planning can take place anywhere. Do you know someone who travels but is vague about where they’re going?
  • Do you know someone with passports or other documents in different names, for no obvious reason?
  • Do you know someone who looks at extremist material, including on the so-called Dark Web, or shares and creates content that promotes or glorifies terrorism?
  • Have you noticed someone embracing or actively promoting hateful ideas or an extremist ideology?
Gathering materials

• Suspicious materials can be ordered online as well as in store. Have you noticed someone receiving deliveries for unusual items bought online?
  • If you work in commercial vehicle hire or sales, has a sale or rental seemed unusual?
  • Have you noticed someone buying large or unusual quantities of chemicals, fertilisers or gas cylinders for no obvious reason?
  • Have you noticed someone acquiring illegal firearms or other weapons or showing an interest in obtaining them?
Storing materials

• Terrorists need to store equipment while preparing for an attack. Have you noticed anyone storing large amounts of chemicals, fertilisers or gas cylinders?
  • Have you noticed anyone storing illegal firearms or objects that could potentially be weapons?
Hostile Reconnaissance

• Observation and surveillance help terrorists plan attacks. Have you witnessed anyone taking pictures or notes of security arrangements or CCTV?
Financing

• Cheque and credit card fraud are ways of generating cash. Have you noticed any suspicious or unusual bank transactions?

If you’d like more information or resources, visit www.gov.uk/ACT or follow Counter Terrorism Policing on social media:

#ActionCountersTerrorism

Continue reading...
This, from The Independent, basically apes your post.
Obviously from the exact same govt brief to push the State/Stasi-line.

"Police and MI5 vowed to learn lessons from the (recent) atrocities, ahead of a revamped counter-terrorism strategy being announced by the Government this year."

We'll all be resorting to doing a GDR, having conversations around running vacuum cleaners, in the very near furure.
Police call on public to become 'counter-terrorism citizens' to help stop attacks

Is there anyone I can make a report to regarding a character on a well known website who buys far too much tinfoil that one might expect? I am guessing he is single, and not a chef, so what does he do with it?

Serious hat on - Absence of the normal, presence of the abnormal...