News story: 7th Armoured Brigade to deploy to Afghanistan

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Jul 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. The have forgotten to mention the Dagenham Girl Pipers .
  3. Don't forget Uncle Tom Cobley...

Instead of sending "elements" of 9 different RAF squadrons why don't they send one full squadron? The administration of all these atts and dets must be nightmare.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Probably a last desperate scramble for no marks to get a medal.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Fcuk me, there are more elements on that orbat than are on the periodic table.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Of of the last deployments before 7th Armoured becaomes 7th Infantry...:cry:
  7. All those units to put 4 full (and elements of another 2) infantry battalions on the ground. In fairness I know some of them will be supporting other nations too.

The admin and logistics of deploying what really is a brigade of elements must be huge.

Going forward would it not be a lot easier to give brigades their own organic CS & CSS elements (rather than attaching elements?).

For some types of units it is probably more effective to have then as separate attached elements.

But surely the units would be more effective on the ground if they had been operating with each other for years?
  8. Possibly because they are putting 7 different aircraft types into the air? Although have a word with CAS, I am sure he will appreciate your idea of trying to get a Sqn full of GR4 bods to fly some CH-47s.