News report on redundancy, anyone help source it?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by blessed baby cakes, May 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. While on train today, and reading over another passengers shoulder, I read a report that there had been redundancy notices served to senior officers, some of whom had received theirs whilst in the Gulf.

Anyone read this? Can’t find even a hint on Google!

Cheers,
    Beebs

2. Saw a glimpse of this in the NOTW today as well. Apparently redundancy notices were serve to them some of them while in Iraq. There may had been a thread on the topic in CA few weeks back.

3. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Sunday Express, I think. Apparently the letters were asking for volunteers for redundancy.

4. Cheers!

Beebs

5. I don't know where else it appeared, but it was an add-on paragraph to a story on the front page of yesterday's Telegraph headed "Ten UK soldiers face international war crimes trial". It's only a few lines and says:

"Redundancy notices have been sent to 190 majors born between 1960 and 1974 as a part of the Ministry of Defence restructuring scheme. About 50 of the officers are still serving in Iraq. An MOD spokesman said: "All redundancies remain voluntary at this stage.""

Don