News of World attempted to delete email archive

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Wordsmith, Jul 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

A News International Executive is going to get his/her collar felt.

Phone hacking: Police probe suspected deletion of emails by NI executive | Media | The Guardian

It may not have done a lot of good.

Hopefully Essential Computing kept back up data.

Heh, heh, heh...

wordsmith

2. I would expect a Company like News International to have some quite extensive data backup solutions....
    Anyway great news, lets hope it all leads back to that Toad Murdoch Junior!!

3. Well what did people expect? They suddenly announce the closure of a 168 year old paper that is highly profitable due to what the paper claims is allegations. You can bet the offices of the NOTW are currently a busy hive of activity of people trying to get rid of evidence.

4. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

They also tried to hide the contents of a journalists desk from PC Plod. From the same article in the Guardian.

Wordsmith

5. I wonder how long it will be before another Paper gets implicated, be like a house of cards after that.

6. No, no, no, these are the actions of innocent people! The average news executive's character profile would suggest to me that they would be scrupulously honest in all matters and I don't believe for one moment that there's any impropriety or naughty shenanigans going on.
    No.

Now, where's that sarcastic smiley...

7. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

The Star has just been put in the frame to....

NOTW, Sun, Star, keep going FFS, the collective IQ of the British Isles is about to rise a few notches up the thick stick.....

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lets hope the Daily Mail doesn't start sticking tits on p3. :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. The Daily Mail has had tits on every page for years now, alternatively known as journalists.

10. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

I suspect all hacks in this country are currently shitting themselves. As every lie and underhand tactic they have ever done suddenly explodes into the limelight.

At the moment i'm laughing to hard to feel sorry for them. How long before pierced organ is implicated in stuff?

11. Harold Shipman thought he could do the same, he couldn't.

12. Heard yesterday that the guy leading the investigation into the hacking for Knacker of the Yard back in 2005 has since joined The Times. We remember how limp wristed that inquiry was. I should imagine, as others here have pointed out, that shredders are working overtime

13. I hope so I hope to compund all the veidence against him into one concise petition aimed at re-enstating the death penatly specially for him.

14. 2 points:

1: The Star is not a newspaper.

2: It doesn't need to tap mong-celeb phones. It only squits stories out about Jordan and Peter Andre and they need no tapping.

• Like Like x 2
  15. They need double tapping methinks.

• Like Like x 8