News of the World Support Our Soldiers stickers

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by error_unknown, Jun 12, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apparently the NotW are giving out 'Support Our Soldiers' car stickers complete with NotW logo. This is, of course, complete fecking boll0cks, as the NotW takes every opportunity it gets to drop service personnel in the sh1te through entrapment, stitch-ups and, more generally, holding them to a bizarre and unrealistic arbitrary standard of behaviour. At the same time, it seeks to corrupt servicemen into betraying their comrades by offering large amounts of money for stories. What is the current 'bounty' for Prince Harry stories from Sandhurst? Lots.

The idea that we want their 'support' sickens me. If I see anyone with one of these things on their car, my plan is to identify myself as a serving officer, explain what the problem is and ask them to remove it.

Murdoch=Hypocritical cnut.
  2. Aye, I mentioned this is the yellow-ribbon thread: I got excited at first (is that a bad thing?) when I saw them, because I was reminded of the thread on this forum and thought maybe - MAYBE - NOTW were onto a good thing for once. Then I saw that big logo and got angry.
  3. I hate this sort of patronising gesture by the gutter press. Besides, I'm always dubious of anyone who feels the need to express themself via a car sticker.
  4. Naturally - Real men write sonnets.
  5. Unless they're chavs or Yanks, in which case, they display car stickers.
  6. The NOTW don't give a shit unless there's a story they could sell their grandmother for. Murdoch should be exposed for what he is - the personification of pure profiteering cynicism. He keeps a relatively low profile for somebody who is aiming to dismantle all that is reasonable, moral, tolerant, civilised and humane.
  7. The Sun , and the News of the World have stitched our people up over and over again. Enough is bloody well enough.

And now this parasitic nonsense?

Time for a campaign.

Hey maybe we can ask Piers to help? *Chortle*

I would now like one of our talented members to design a 'Forces say boycott the Sun and the NOTW' campaign sticker.

Let's get it out in the email , and see what we can do.
  8. 307

307 War Hero

Add the Mirror to that list and I'm well on board.