News of a new peace initiative between Israel and the Pals

Bethlehem - Ma'an - Palestinian and Israeli officials have on Thursday called for direct negotiations between the two parties, aimed at reaching a final solution to the conflict, regardless of the precondition of a ceasefire.

A member of the Palestine Liberation Organization, Yasir Abid Rabbo, said, "The Palestinians are ready to go to negotiations directly with the Israelis, regardless of any violations to the ceasefire that have already occurred."

The Israeli Foreign Minister, Tzipi Livni, has said that she is "proposing a new peace initiative between the Israelis and the Palestinians aiming to deal with several issues which have hit a deadlock." She told the Israeli newspaper, Haaretz, that during the Sharon government the "Israelis could not say that they would not negotiate under fire, yet they had to say that they would not give any concessions under fire."

Livni added that her vision depends on a Palestinian state as a homeland for the Palestinians, next to the Israeli state, which is the homeland for the Jews. This will solve the problem of the Palestinian people and the refugees, she claimed. This vision, said Livni is a present from Israel to the Palestinians, however it also serves Israeli interests.
http://www.turkishweekly.net/news.php?id=41906

This vision, said Livni is a present from Israel to the Palestinians, however it also serves Israeli interests.
Won't hold my breath on this. If only it was this simple. One vision does not a peace make.

PTP,

I read the title and I assumed you were being ironic and reading one of these two stories...

BBC said:
Abbas forces get weapons shipment

Forces loyal to Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas have received an arms shipment from Egypt with Israeli approval.

A senior Israeli military official, Amos Gilad, said the shipment aimed to reinforce the "forces of peace" against the "forces of darkness".

Cont/...
BBC said:
Israel to resume militant strikes

Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has ordered a resumption of military strikes against Palestinian militants firing rockets from Gaza into Israel.

Mr Olmert said troops had been instructed to "take pinpoint action against rocket-launching squads" after two Israeli boys were hurt in a strike.

Cont/...