News night 01/03/2011

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Trans-sane, Mar 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Currently as discussion regarding two couterpoints:-

1/ Increasing aid international budget despite UKplc being broke
    2/ Reduction in defence spending (inclusing the disbanding of two tornado squadrons just annouced).

The Panel is Lord West in a DJ with minatures, a lady from India (didn't catch if she was an academic or part of the Indian Embassy staff) and some scruffy cut in half mast jeans, a shirt ironed with a house brick and in need of a hair-cut (but I digress).

Indian lass has just stated that India has a nuclear program, a space program and yet has the highest level of childhood malnutrition in the world and the aid shouldn't be going to India. (PS she is the founder of an academic panel by the looks of it).

Secretary of state is now claiming that Britain is made secure not just by tanks and planes but by training Afghan police and getting girls to school into the Horn Of Africa. Personally I think he's a twunt.

Discuss if you please

2. Dear Mr J Foreigner

We have problems of our own. Sort yourselves out.

Regards,

The United Kingdom

3. If the Indians don't want the aid, and frankly if they have decided how to spend their money and it's not on the poor, why the **** should we be paying aid to their poor ?

Or is CMD's "cunning" plan to borrow the IN carriers when launched ? By then the We'll have paid enough aid to rent the damm things for a few years....

4. The present incumbents in power are not endearing themselves to the chap on the Clapham omnibus are they?
    I thought the Tories would get a grip of wasteful spending of taxpayers money. Sadly they seem to have fiddled with the peripherals and not got a grip of the main subjects of the nations ire. They will pay for this at the next general election and by their [in]actions encourage the populace to vote for peripheral parties.

5. Good, maybe then we,ll get some real democracy instead of nu-liebore, blue liebore and the limp dicks