News Letter Content

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Gremlin, Jun 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I'm holding off for a couple of weeks after the advice that monthly is the best newsletter rate.

3. The latest one has just arrived in the inbox - all good!

4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I put fingers to keyboard and realised that I can't produce a great deal for the monthly newsletter even though there is a great deal going on (much of it bad this last month unfortunately - I long for the day when we have an ARRSE newsletters without an RIP / stay safe message).

I could just pump out the machine generated 'most popular of the week' plus a wiki extract, top-tip etc, but it would get tedious, so I come back to the idea of a newsletter team, as proposed by somebody / some people two months ago.

If you use ARRSE a lot, read more than just the NAAFI Bar and would enjoy a bit of amateur journalism then this could be for you. What are the most interesting threads? Best posts you've seen? etc. This can't be done in open forum, and I don't get involved enough to do it. The mods are busy enough without this.

There is space for comment, although this may not be a path we want to take. If we do decide on serious articles then we definitely need a religious correspondent this month. And a militant 'straight rights' campaigner of course.

The offer: you get the glory, I do the truly horrible work of editing then squeezing your fine words into an email template. We'll have a hidden forum and thrash out the exact way we go about it in there.

I think we need about 5 people. Volunteers?

Thanks!

5. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Happy to help if needed. Fairly wide spread of the site read, occasional humorous asides provided and fantistac speelung.

6. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Accepted with plesjoor

7. If u ned heylp wiv the England speeling, I mayze b abble 2 azzist.

Yours eye,

Dayle T Speeling Nassi xxx

8. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thanks but no thanks TS. I spent some of my morning deleting your recent contributions to Current Affairs threads so I'm not going to invite more of the same for the newsletter.

9. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I'll chip in, if you'll have me. It will justify to the wife the amount of time I spend on here!

10. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Accepted - many thanks. You and Sixty should now see a newsletter forum below this.

11. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thanks Jarrod and welcome to the club. You should now see a forum under the ARRSE Stuff one.

12. I'll help if you like?

PA

13. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

If you're really, really desperate I can throw my hat into the ring.

14. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thanks very much and I will come back to you both. I'd like to chat to sixty, jarrod and fugly about how we're going to split it up and how many we need.

I'll call a halt to this temporarily until that set-up is done. probably tomorrow.

15. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Yes to Prince Albert, no to rampant. Sorry Rampant - not known enough yet by the others!