NEWS! Ill engrave your name and regimental logo for a QUID!

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by BaldricksBullet, May 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. NEWS! I'll engrave your name and regimental logo for a QUID! Short term promotion from 7-62.com: Simple as this: I've now got the ARRSE potatohead logo in my computer-controlled-engraving library (for you serious arrsers) plus a load of other Regiments, Services, wings etc. I sell my bullets in a metal presentation tin, which is ideal for engraving. I have decided to offer to engrave your name and logo on these tins as a promotion for only £1. If I've already got the logo you want, just stuff it in the online basket. If not send me a decent black and white bitmap (use contact web-page 30Kb max) and I'll try to add it (only regiments, badges and trades).

(Meanwhile - I'm still trying to find the smallest thing I can engrave in my machine - any ideas)

See the keyring/logobox part of my site Click here for 7-62.com. I'll keep this promotion going, as long as I have time. The better (clearer) the bitmap - the more chance I'll add it quickly.

I hope it's something for you,- C

2. Ha I like the cannabis logo - but why that corps???

3. So how will you be sending to any BFPO addresses? as the Post Office has this to say

Not too sure but what are bullets then?

4. I think you'll find that inert ammo is exempt. After all there is no propellent with these bullets (I hope!) so they are now just classed as novelty jewellry. :)

As an added thought - Do you engrave HESH and HEAT rounds? :twisted:

5. Coz to be honest - if someone's gonna get in the papers, it's gonna be them... it's a Corps tradition or at least it used to be. I mean, look at their real badge (anyone got a good one of Mercury?), it's dodgy isn't it? BUUUT If I haven't got this right, which Regiment should have the cannabis logo?

And... Sorry old_bloke but I think you must be going postal... I'm seriously worried that you can quote postal regs. I'm not in UK so I don't normally have to deal with Royal Mail - I mainly deal with European post and freight under "lov om ekspolivstof og våben No5" which quite clearly states that a bullet is just a lump of metal, on top of this I drill them and engrave them and turn them into Jewellery (Isaiah 2:4 - name that passage)... and I could actually issue an FFE certificate for them if pushed. I know that the UK takes the law on weapons to extremes, but isn't it true that the firearms act refers only to things that fire or could be used to fire bullets missiles etc... but not the bullets themselves? But the bottom line is - they're reclassified as jewellery, having been destabilised by drilling and weakened by engraving.

Regards,- C

6. I Think you mean APFSDS - if you want inert! And the answer is yeah, if you've got one! Providing you've popped out the tracers and it's not DU, I'll give it a go... I mean how hard can Tungsten Carbide be?

7. I reckon your being too hard on the sigs... haven't they got it tough enough already! I think th cannabis should go to the ones with oportunity and money - Horseguards.

8. Maybe I am - I'll lay off the Sigs as soon as I can get my hands on a good "Jimmy" bitmap... then I'll move the logo over to the Blues and Royals! Anyone pleeeaase - a good Sigs bitmap.

(I know it was 15 years ago but who said "wedding dress")

Regards,- C

9. your willy? :D

10. Brilliant - Royal Regiment of Scotland was on my list - now at the top - great graphics - thanks ytomk - Check tomorrow

But as for you londonirish - How about your IQ!! :D I could do your grey matter if it wasn't so sludgy!! Besides, didn't you know that I don't wear underpants, because the design hasn't been made yet that'll take the job on! (to quote The lord flash)

(was that too much? - I guess I should have seen that one coming - fanaah fanaah)

11. Magic, cheers.

Any chance of getting the battalion numerals on it too..?

12. you should have done, but glad you found it funny, it was just irresitable :)

13. Can do... but you'll have to help me out... Where do the numerals go? how big? I'll do a google search to get an idea but also let me know which one is important for you (highest priority)?

14. Take a look through that...

http://www.army.mod.uk/linked_files/regtldirnum1.pdf

Pages 16 and 17 have examples of what it might look like.

From a personal point of view I suppose it depends on what's wanted... Coy, role, antecedant bn... i'll have a think.