From yesterday's local 'comic'.
Congratulations in order;).
20210727_185437~2.jpg

Still awaiting this one.
Screenshot_20210729-083135_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I had a Phal curry once to win a bet and I'm pretty sure that would kill any virus known to man.
I tried that once. I didn’t get far with it and 20 minutes later I was beginning to understand the prevalence of coiling one down in a public thoroughfare.

I made it to a pub and spent the rest of a fun filled evening turning myself inside out, weeping and chewing on a bog roll so as to not make anyone within 150 yards think someone was slaughtering piglets. And coils didn’t come into it; more tsunamis.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
I tried that once. I didn’t get far with it and 20 minutes later I was beginning to understand the prevalence of coiling one down in a public thoroughfare.

I made it to a pub and spent the rest of a fun filled evening turning myself inside out, weeping and chewing on a bog roll so as to not make anyone within 150 yards think someone was slaughtering piglets. And coils didn’t come into it; more tsunamis.

I've never understood the need to palpate one's intestines from the insides out with food that's capable of burning through a concrete block. Vindaloo is as hot as I want to go really.

PFGEN

GCM

Sheer poetry!

Every time I've had a phal the pain hasn't been so much from the hoop but my jap's eye. Everytime I had a piss it feels like I'm pissing red hot larva.

I've never understood the need to palpate one's intestines from the insides out with food that's capable of burning through a concrete block. Vindaloo is as hot as I want to go really.
Normally I’d be with you on that one but a bunch of 30 somethings who’d not seen each other for 10 years + a great deal of beer + a very great deal of testosterone + a gigasoupçon of terminal fuckwittery = a ring like a stamped on blood orange and guts like a tramp’s greatcoat.

We are meeting again next month for the 10 yearly outbreak of silliness.

..and the Vindaloos in the UK are a Bangladeshi fudge designed for the UK market.

A proper Vindaloo is a vinegary Pork dish from Goa. Chicken Cafreal is another Goan speciality that is brill. of course, the Fish Curries go without saying.

Morning All,
One for @earth and @IndiaGB to get excited about.
From today's local 'comic'.View attachment 592878
An Indian shooting a Catholic Irishman for an event that happened in 1919. What else was happening at that time closer to home.

A bit hypocritical when the Indian Army showed Brigadier Dwyer to be a rank amateur as far as wiping out uppity Sikh's are concerned when they blitzed the Golden Temple at Amritsar with Tanks and Heavy Artillery in 1984 killing far more people.

Is this whinging Doris @earth sister? Does she not know that the Indian's never had it so good as when they were ruled by the British Gora Sahibs, which is why the vast majority still love us.

Language -
There are 28 states a huge landmass and 22 languages -
English is a common language accross all regions - hence its use

History
Well shes applied a large amount of spin and half truths to support her arguments and if indian history of WW2 doesnt mention Indian troops - that has bugger all to do with the UK - 1) our history does 2) We left in 1947 its rather doubtful weve had any input on Indian history written since then.

I suspect theres a deliberate conflation (in her head) of British Empire / British led / British forces with English (spits) soldiers enabling her to not notice Indian troops.
Probably doesnt realise either that the Indian divisions were 1/3rd British in 1941 - (Fighting the Japanese in Jungles saw an extra (Indian) battallion added for rear security and by 1945 some divisions had less British battalions)

Parliment Aye Nay - so yes and no with an English language its hardly a shock

There are also some minority languages, poorly documented, including a few isolates.
I was told (by a Dravidian, Keralan iirc) that English was continued because Dravidians objected to proposals to make Hindi, an Aryan language, the official language.
In Pakistan it continues (as I was told by a Pakistani barrister) with the rationale that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Latest Threads