News from India

More progress in the great march forward. Guess more aid money is needed.

India's fastest train has broken down on its first trip, a day after it was inaugurated by Prime Minister Modi.

India's fastest train falters on first trip
I think it is important to highlight some issues:

1. The Indian minister for railways took a video of a slower train and doubled the playback speed and claimed it was India's new "high speed" train. India rail minister mocked for train video The lying little idiot. To be fair, he has been mocked in his home country. But not by @earth

2. Their new "high speed" train (when not broken down) has a top speed of 80 mph. Yup. Eighty. Our steam trains were doing over 100 mph in the 1920s (with the Mallard doing 124mph in 1938). Our own (admittedly crap) InterCity 125 trains can sustain 125mph and top out at 148 mph.. and they were built between 1975 and 1982.

What with all those billionaires, IT and engineering geniuses that @earth tells us are the best, cleverest and cheapest int he world, and no concern for the land rights of poor people (or their health or anything else), I thought the Indians would have been able to build a couple of high-speed links to match those of the Chinese - you know, the ones with operational speeds of about 210 mph, or how about a city centre to airport train to compete with their (German designed) Maglev that runs at 268 mph?

Our own (admittedly crap) InterCity 125 trains can sustain 125mph and top out at 148 mph.. and they were built between 1975 and 1982.
Minor point. How is the 125 crap? It's admittedly due for retirement but possibly helped save UK railways and continues to give good service. Pretty damn good for what was then proposed as a stopgap until APT was cancelled. Hitachi replacement for 125 due soon...

Our 1970s HSTs are some of the finest trains ever built.

Some of the sets have covered over 8 million miles each.

They were re-engined in 2006 with MTU engines having lower emissions and better fuel economy.

Many are being transferred to Scottish Region where they are better than anything that has been previously operated there.

I had the joy of going Exeter to Birmingham in one a few weeks ago. It was more spacious and comfortable than the cramped super-Voyagers that are the alternative on this route.

1. The Indian minister for railways took a video of a slower train and doubled the playback speed and claimed it was India's new "high speed" train. India rail minister mocked for train video The lying little idiot. To be fair, he has been mocked in his home country. But not by @earth

2. Their new "high speed" train (when not broken down) has a top speed of 80 mph. Yup. Eighty. Our steam trains were doing over 100 mph in the 1920s (with the Mallard doing 124mph in 1938). Our own (admittedly crap) InterCity 125 trains can sustain 125mph and top out at 148 mph.. and they were built between 1975 and 1982.

What with all those billionaires, IT and engineering geniuses that @earth tells us are the best, cleverest and cheapest int he world, and no concern for the land rights of poor people (or their health or anything else), I thought the Indians would have been able to build a couple of high-speed links to match those of the Chinese - you know, the ones with operational speeds of about 210 mph, or how about a city centre to airport train to compete with their (German designed) Maglev that runs at 268 mph?
I expect India have a lot on their plate at the mo, given Kashmir is starting to kickoff again.

80mph? Must be a right bugger to not fall off the roof at that speed.

Trains that only hit 80, submarines that go down (but probably not up), infant girls being left for dead in the bins.

Yep, sounds like a thriving first world state there,, according to that earth lunatic anyway.

Nice to see the Indian government sticks up for the right things, in this case a bunch of extremely beyond stupid bunch of students, or more realistically pathetic criminals. Being in the ICE lockup still must be a step up compared to living in India, at least there are toilets, hope their Mexican cellmates teach them how to use them...US fake university: India anger after students arrested US fake university sting angers India
It advertised tuition for undergraduates at $8,500 (£6,500) a year and $11,000 a year for graduate students.
Wow. I'd enroll in that school myself if it were real. Those are some pretty attractive school fees for a uni degree. Those Guptas knew that was a phony school though at those prices. They were just attempting to work their student visa to allow them to stay in the Big PX instead of having to return to the Big Shithouse in the east where there are no jobs of any consequence except to work at a call centre. I think Australia is pestered with Indians with fake qualifications trying to get in that country too.

AN EVIL killer raped, beheaded and skinned a four-year-old girl after her mother rejected him, police have said.

The 27-year-old man, who has not been named, is accused of murdering the little girl after her mother publicly snubbed him in Khopoli town in Maharashtra, India.

I see from the article @earth , the filthy beast may avoid the death penalty as a senior police officer has claimed it was an honour killing and not a rape murder. You backward savages.

Girl, 4, raped, beheaded and SKINNED after her mum rejected killer's advances

Latest Threads